if this shortage continues thru February as they say it will

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, November 30, 2020, 11:43 (1236 days ago)

there are going to be a lot of gun shops gone but not forgotten. Saturday was absolutely nuts with wall to wall people, some from 4 hours away. I had a couple of my guys helping out waiting on people. Probably half or over went out the door with nothing due to us being totally out of stock. We are now out of most regular hunting ammo, and several handgun calibers. Even putting a limit of one box we still pretty much ran out of most popular calibers of ammo Saturday. We got 104 lbs of powder in about a week ago and most of that is gone. We had a lot of people over from California expecting to get everything they needed. They were S.O.L.
One of our distributors managed to find us some 9mm ammo and hopefully that will be here in the next day or so. Until then it is just "sorry we are out of stock on that".

It is difficult to retail without stock...

Huey
[subject]
Monday, November 30, 2020, 14:08 (1236 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

yep, gun shops can't exist just selling reloading

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, November 30, 2020, 14:52 (1236 days ago) @ Huey

dies and such. I am very thankful that we have our custom guns. We have 11 safes with almost 300 guns in here to convert and although things are extremely slow we are getting several guns out each week. Most of the parts suppliers are either out of stock or severely back ordered. But most folks are patient knowing that we will get their guns finished as soon as possible,

I posted yesterday about buying some bullets...

Huey
[subject]
Monday, November 30, 2020, 16:31 (1236 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

A retailer posted about having the coated 44 Caliber SWCs. I bought two boxes of 500. Within 40 minutes they were out of stock.

we got one 10 box case of 9mm Critical Defense today

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, November 30, 2020, 17:20 (1236 days ago) @ Huey

the first JHP we have had in a good while and it lasted about an hour.

Heck we could go to the hardware store

WB
[subject]
Monday, November 30, 2020, 19:09 (1236 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

and make a million selling "80%" completed Spud Cannons to Kaliforni Yankees! I figure that would skirt the legalities. Get a case or three of White Rain or AquaNet before that's all gone to power them.

*We once shot a 32" Easton #2017 at near 300 fps from one using a red shot rag as wadding. Then we tried 5-6 in a salvo. To my surprise the velocity was the same as one! DANGEROUS!

My brother-in-law built a radish gun..

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Monday, November 30, 2020, 21:24 (1236 days ago) @ WB

same as the spud gun except the smaller barrel to shoot radishes. Big gas chamber and all. It would break glass bottles. Said the range was about 2 blocks.

Ammo or no, trading used guns is always profitable.

WB
[subject]
Monday, November 30, 2020, 18:18 (1236 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -