Went to a local gun shop here in Oklahoma today ..

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 19:32 (1317 days ago)

They had a nice selection of guns. Lots of rifles and shotguns. Handguns were mostly revolvers and quite a few were what I class as "collectible" ... Colt SAA's .. all 1st and 2nd Generation ...S&W's .. early Model 17 I think it is? Later was called the K-frame .22? And FBI Model 10 .. some early Model 10's. I did not pay any attention to the modern guns so I cannot report on those.

Of the Colt SAA's he has a real nice 1st Generation 38-40, a .45 Colt 1st Generation that appears to be an armory rebuild ... 5 1/" barrel. He has a 2nd Generation 38 Special I wouldn't mind having but my credit card would not come out of my wallet for some reason. In fact I could not get my wallet out!

He has some ammo. My son-in-law bought some Remington Factory 30-30 ($15 a box of 20) and some 40 S&W ($25 a box). He has shotgun shells and other rifle and pistol ammo, though I did not look closely at calibers and prices.

Anyway we had a nice visit and got to look at some nice guns.

shop

okie
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 20:16 (1317 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

You should come up for the big Tulsa gun show, if they have it this fall it should be at the end of Oct or first of Nov, also if you get the chance head over to Enid, Ok. and visit Champlin Arms, I've wanted to go for years but just haven't yet. The JM Davis gun museum in Claremore is pretty cool to I bet you would enjoy it.

Been to the Wannamaker Show in Tulsa ..

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 20:27 (1317 days ago) @ okie

also the JM Davis Gun Museum a number of times. The Museum is well worth the time to stop. The Gun Show is crazy .. huge .. packed .. not sure I want to be in a large crowd during these idiotic times.

show

okie
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 20:39 (1317 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

yeah they cancelled the spring show so I don't know if the fall one is on or not yet. Everybody should see it at least once. The story on the JM Davis museum is that it started as a hotel in the early 1900's I believe and the guy would trade stuff for people to stay in his hotel. Thats where all the guns came from to start with.

that monster show was where I first met John Linebaugh

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 13:15 (1317 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

I was in the first row as you come in the door with my normal 5 or 6 tables. About mid way thru the first day a fellow came to the table and asked if I was Reeder. I told him yes. He said John Linebaugh had a table at the show and wanted to meet me. I told him gladly as I was anxious to meet John. I asked the fellow where John was. He pointed to a little red balloon up toward the other end of the tables. He said John had a table just across from the balloon. I told Kase to watch the tables and I would be back in a bit. I started walking toward the balloon and quickly realized why it was the largest show under one roof. It took me 20 minutes to get to John's table and that little red balloon was an 8 foot weather balloon. But it was well worth the 15 acre hike and John and I have been close friends ever since.

Linebaugh

okie
[subject]
Thursday, September 17, 2020, 12:27 (1316 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

That was where I first met him to, little over 20 years ago. You never know who'll you see there, people come from all over the country and some from overseas even.