Contender Tech?

~JM~
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 16:43 (1316 days ago)

Seeking sites/links with G1 Contender tech. I had a few on my old computer, but lost them in the data transfer.

Specifically, what causes/prevents the hammer from latching up/remaining cocked? After I open & close the action, the hammer will not remain cocked after thumbing rear-ward. The trigger will reset & does release with a click.

Thank you.

good luck. The folks at TC that know about the original

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 17:19 (1316 days ago) @ ~JM~

Contender are long gone. There are still some good people at TC that would be glad to help you but they are up on the G-2 and Encore. There is a small screw on some of the older Contenders behind the trigger that can be set to tighter tolerances and if you go too far it won't cock at all. On some newer guns the screw is inside the frame just above the trigger. That is to give you a lighter or harder trigger pull and that may be what you are referring to....maybe.

That Sparks A Memory...

~JM~
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 17:57 (1316 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Seem to recall that adjustment screw now that you mention it. This frame has been tucked away for many years. I need to look it over better.

Bel iui eve it or not the LASC

Grover Sr
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 21:33 (1316 days ago) @ ~JM~

Los Angeles Shooters Club has a forum and a guy that used to do T/C warranty work. If I can find his info I will post it but you can google the LASC. The guy's first name is James or Jim. He rebuilt a 5 figitvserial number Contender ffg or me.

Found his email address

Grover Sr
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 21:35 (1316 days ago) @ Grover Sr

Tccraft1@earthlink.net

Thank you.

~JM~
[subject]
Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 07:34 (1316 days ago) @ Grover Sr

- No text -

You are welcome!

Grover Sr
[subject]
Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:29 (1315 days ago) @ ~JM~

His last name is maybe Henderson or Hendrix I think

That should gave been believe it or not

Grover Sr
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 22:05 (1316 days ago) @ Grover Sr

- No text -

JM found his name & #

Grover Sr
[subject]
Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 11:53 (1315 days ago) @ ~JM~

James Henry,
760 490 4245

He charged me $75 ,to replace the firing pin all the springs and do a deep cleaning as well as fit two barrels. That included shipping back to me. He said mine was a mod 2, which was a very early, hard opening style. Supp ou sadly has been working on TC's since they came out.