Wildey Moore

okie
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 13:26 (1318 days ago)

I've been reading Wildey Moore's new book called "Wildey's Here" and I think its really good. I've always been interested in how the gun business works or how it used to anyway and backstories and this book goes into it. Some of you guys might enjoy.

for those that don't know, Wildey Moore is

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 14:21 (1318 days ago) @ okie

the man that developed the Wildey pistol.
[image]

The Wildey was featured in the movie Death Wish 3.

RonE
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 15:24 (1318 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

The movie is awful, but it was an impressive pistol.

movie

okie
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 16:00 (1318 days ago) @ RonE

When it came out I was eight years old, and I've seen it probably a hundred times. About anything Bronson was in I liked no matter how silly the movie got, compared to whats being put out today with people jumping 20 feet in the air in slow motion to fight 50 people at once I'll take any of those old 70's and 80's action movies.

Wildey and HHC

Alcorn
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 20:07 (1318 days ago) @ okie

If any body has a Wildey and is coming to HHC, I would appreciate them bring it. I would like to test fire one a couple of shoots.

HE ASKED ME TO PROOF READ

JT
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 15:19 (1318 days ago) @ okie

IT BEFORE PUBLISHING. IT WAS MY PLEASURE AND I FOUND IT QUITE INTERESTING AND A REALLY GOOD READ. IF YOU FIND ANY ERRORS IT IS MY FAULT!

Wildey

okie
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 15:54 (1318 days ago) @ JT

Haha well it seems to be well written so far, I just made it to the Death Wish part today.

Okie, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

JPL
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 17:38 (1318 days ago) @ okie

Ordered my copy today. Looking forward to reading it.
Ps: I've wanted one of his pistols ever since I watched the movie for the first time.

Wildey

okie
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 17:49 (1318 days ago) @ JPL

No problem, I think you'll enjoy the book. I wanted one of those pistols since I seen the movie so I finally found a deal on a 10'' inch polished .45 Win Mag and I bought it a couple years ago. Since there making them again I've thought about ordering a .475 Barrel and slide for it. Just the cool factor of the gun is neat. Makes you wonder how many movies have spurred gun sales over the years, and about 90% of hollywood is anti-gun. They hate guns but they will damn sure use them to make money.

Kase and I have had 3 or 4 but never could get them

gary reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 22:09 (1318 days ago) @ okie

reliable. Gas operated with the gas piston in the rear of the barrel. They were bad about breaking parts too, especially hammers. We both hunted with them at Tellico Junction but finally gave up after so much trouble. All of ours were 45 Win Mag. Never had any other caliber.

One of my friends at HHC has one.

WB
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 19:39 (1318 days ago) @ okie

He’s rightfully proud of it, a .45 WM. It’s HUGE! Bigger than an AMP and dwarfs a Grizzly Win-Mag. Extremely well made and fitted, and expensive.

I’m not a Cop or Detective. But if I was going to sneak around covertly blasting bad guys (with a .475 Wild-e) I think it prudent to chose a gun that there were more than 150 made. I’d figure it would be very easy to trace the information quickly and efficiently. So much for Hollywood plots.

My auto spelling simply will not allow Wild-Eyed. See!

okie
[subject]
Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 20:25 (1318 days ago) @ WB

haha well he also had a .30 cal Browning belt fed machine gun and a LAWS rocket but he did clean the neighborhood up!