Kydex or Leather

John W
[subject]
Monday, August 10, 2020, 11:42 (1355 days ago)

I guess for handgunners that is the “Maryanne or Ginger “ question.

I have thought about a kydex holster for a 22 or autoloading pistol which has a scope on it.

What are your thoughts? Thank you

Kydex is rather like a Glock. No life, looks, but very

Tits LaRue
[subject]
Monday, August 10, 2020, 12:20 (1355 days ago) @ John W

functional, it just works. Have had good experience with “We the people “ brand.

Check these out, urban carry

Leroy
[subject]
Monday, August 10, 2020, 12:51 (1355 days ago) @ Tits LaRue

Just my personal opinion .. no one need pay attention ..

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 08:06 (1354 days ago) @ Leroy

but there's no way I would carry a cocked pistol .. striker fired or 1911 .. in the appendix carry. Pointed right at your femoral artery a lot of the time ... pointed at other valuable parts. I know a lot of instructors think it's "the best" carry option, but not for me.

Again .. my personal opinion. No one need pay any attention.

I like the Owb holsters, have good retention on them

Leroy
[subject]
Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 08:27 (1354 days ago) @ Leroy

- No text -

That Lockleather holster looks good

Bucky
[subject]
Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 09:02 (1354 days ago) @ Leroy

- No text -

Kydex?

~JM~
[subject]
Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 07:14 (1354 days ago) @ John W

I don't own any Kydex, as I prefer leather. I observed a class over the week-end that was held in a dry & very dusty area. Plenty of wind & dust devils. The equipment was bombarded with dust & sand. Looks like that Kydex can be dropped into a sink full of soapy water, scrubbed clean, rinsed & allowed to dry in the dish rack.

I carry a 22/45 in a Kydex holster.

Gus S.
[subject]
Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 16:55 (1354 days ago) @ John W

Its what I carry for squirrel hunting. My pistol has a Burris Fast fire mounted. The Holster is made by black dog machine. It will accommodate a Red dot or scope and suppressor if you have one. You can wear it on your belt or as a paddle holster (which is was I usually do). I like it. Before the Red dot I used to carry it just as well in an old leather 1911 holster.

I wear a kydex and mesh thing IWB everyday. Its comfortable, lightweight, and doesn't chaff my side. In the summer I'm a T-Shirt and and shorts guy. I like the kydex and space age materials. The only time I wear leather is when I'm hunting. But,.that's just me and what I do.