My Hi-Power was still giving me some trouble.

WB
[subject]
Friday, July 31, 2020, 07:09 (1363 days ago)

There are several issues unique to the gun in fine tuning. Mine has the mag disconnect shoe removed. That removal keeps the trigger lifter in proper position all the time to engage the sear bar. If it were still there "no mag condition" pushes it out the the way. I've checked this and it seems all is functioning well.

My original concern was debris under the sear bar not letting it fully depress the sear block.

Problem - "my hammer is falling to the safety notch periodically rather than hitting the firing pin when the trigger is depressed"

It's clean and clear but it happened a couple times dry firing. I wish I could find the obvious issue, otherwise it will bother me awaiting it to do it again. I can't fully trust it until then.

The HP is John Browning and Euro mixed, enough to be a little stubborn sometimes. *Browning died in 1927 and the HP was adopted as the 1935 model.

GNR is one of the few who specializes in HP customization a bit. His full on custom package guns are a treat. I still don;t know how he manages that front sight dovetail. The HP "bushing" is a pressed part of the slide.

box it up and send it in. We can take care of it

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, July 31, 2020, 15:40 (1363 days ago) @ WB

for you.

another batch of Israeli Hi Powers just in

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, July 31, 2020, 15:56 (1363 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

all are Belgium Hi Powers and rode hard and put up wet as all the Israeli guns we have received. But they all turn out nice.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
Recently Nate and I had built a very special Hi Power for me with all the goodies on it, very special gun. I put it in the showcase just to show. A fellow came in and said he wanted it. Colleen hit him with $3500. He handed her his credit card. So now we have to start all over when we get a few minutes to spare.

of these guns I think all but 2 are sold. and

gary reeder
[subject]
Friday, July 31, 2020, 20:35 (1363 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

will be full custom Hi Powers.

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Plus you're keeping one for another "special "

ChrisG