What I'm seeing here is different from the media reports...

Huey
[subject]
Thursday, July 30, 2020, 18:08 (1365 days ago)

Not the media reports about my area, just in general.

I've had two small deliveries today. One UPS and one FedEx. Both drivers were young black men. Extremely pleasant and almost aggressively friendly. The same can be said of everyone I've encountered regardless of gender or race.

I generally don't start political conversations in businesses I frequent. Maybe with management, but never their customers. But, everyone that has started the conversation is on the same side. Also, all races, genders, etc.

The difference in mentality between the rural folks and the liberal cities is staggering.

What are you guys seeing?

I live in the suburbs 60 min east of Atlanta

Blake
[subject]
Thursday, July 30, 2020, 18:31 (1365 days ago) @ Huey

Most of my

Sorry fat thumbs.. “neighbors are African American

Blake
[subject]
Thursday, July 30, 2020, 18:47 (1364 days ago) @ Blake

Probably 60/40 split none of them like the crap that is going on. Stone Mountain Park where my wife and hike up the mountain is more like 70/30 black to white. And it seams to me 99% of folks are just good people. Some seam to be uneasy and concerned enough to go out of the way to be cordial. I have to remind myself that the American media paints a picture that total crap. I like my neighbors and the folks in Atlanta, I am hopeful, and prepared!

Blake, please email me at

Larry Fry
[subject]
Thursday, July 30, 2020, 19:17 (1364 days ago) @ Blake

e_f_r_y_2_9_8_at_g_m_a_i_l_dot_c_o_m with the underbars removed. My son lives in Mableton and we have a bug out plan in place if Atlanta gets to bad. Anyone else in that area if you need a place to retreat to contact me. I will talk with my son about it and see if he is on board with multiple families. Biggest problem will be food.

I used to go up on top of Stone Mt. just to remind me of

DinCA
[subject]
Thursday, July 30, 2020, 19:39 (1364 days ago) @ Blake

the rocky places back home here in CA. I lived in Marietta for a few years. I missed mountains in my part of California most of all.

I lived in Marietta 1975 to 1988.

Larry Fry
[subject]
Thursday, July 30, 2020, 20:00 (1364 days ago) @ DinCA

Started Ga. Tech in Sept. 75 and graduated in May of 78. Worked at Ga. Power, Loral, and Lockheed. Moved to Alabama in 88 and stayed. Longest I have lived in one place in my life.

I am just outside Montgomery, Al

Grover Sr
[subject]
Thursday, July 30, 2020, 19:59 (1364 days ago) @ Huey

We had a couple of peaceful demonstrations. Someone painted Black Lives Matter in front of the capital and the Governor had it painted over. A couple of older activists and a few whites were out there yesterday with spray paint trying to paint BLM and they were picked up by the police and later released. The guy and his wife are bumping 80 and are pretty feeble were just there to make a showing for the news I believe. Our neighborhood has about 150 houses, demographics are about standard for the state, app 40% of the households are black. My wife and I walk or ride bicycles everyday and everybody waves or speaks if close enough. Black or white, we all seem to just want to maintain our families and homes in peace. I think the out of control cities have backers for the demonstrators and some of the violence cuts across mostly thugs, criminals, antifa and Soros backed funding. Just my opinion.

My experience mirrors yours.

Brant
[subject]
Friday, July 31, 2020, 12:03 (1364 days ago) @ Huey

- No text -

In Central IL, Missouri, and Western Indiana

ChrisG
[subject]
Saturday, August 01, 2020, 16:00 (1363 days ago) @ Huey

people of different races seem to be extra nice to one another. Seems I started noticing that within days of all the chaos starting...