Waterboy... Professional opinion???

Flatwater
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 10:47 (1450 days ago)

Very true, no such thing as a “flushable wipe”

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 11:45 (1450 days ago) @ Flatwater

Oh it will go down the hole, usually. They are not quickly degradable as they have plastic fibers in them. We, along with all other utilities that have wastewater facilities too, constantly deal with clogged pipes, manholes, pumps, and screens. It’s costing millions per year in infrastructure resources, really. Yet it’s not a notable topic in the news.

Out in the country most folks know it’s not the best idea to flush even toilet tissue. The very best is the single ply everyone hates. Colored paper is out of style and was particularly slow to break down. It fills up your septic storage tank. Usually around $300-400 to get it pumped out. Then they bring it to a wastewater treatment plant and under permit dump it there.

Your shit may go down the toilet but it don’t go away. Lol. I used to deal mainly with the water side but we manage both clean and dirty water, and I have dual license.

OK I give. What are we supposed to do with toilet paper. I

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 13:44 (1450 days ago) @ WB

am referring to your comment " it’s not the best idea to flush even toilet tissue". I believe in recycling but tell me oh master of the shit, what do I do with the toilet tissue after using it?

25 yard Achilles targets

steve todd
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 14:22 (1450 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Jim uses it for sighting points....see post above

I know, you are saying just hang them up and shoot

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 14:59 (1450 days ago) @ steve todd

the shit out of it.

Or send ‘em to Waterboy,

steve todd
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 16:22 (1450 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

He can feed them to his goats. I have heard goats eat anything.

You bag it up and take outside immediately.

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 14:31 (1450 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Some old folks I know have not flushed a piece of TP in 40 yrs! I know it’s nasty but they have good operating septic tanks and field lines. Come from the old school. They were never actually designed for any paper at all, just whizz and poo. It breaks down in an anerobic state with no air. Then it hits the distribution box in liquid form and the field lines let it absorb into the soil. Paper will eventually fill the whole system if it too does not break down.

Having said that, I personally require 16-20 little squares per day on average. It’s not a perfect world.

Shoot a cat once a month and drop it in the septic tank ..

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 14:48 (1450 days ago) @ WB

It keeps things working. Our septic system went for more than 20 years with clogging up or needing pumped ... and we raised children during that time ... girls who sometimes used a half a roll of tp to get dry ...

I’m just repeating what they teach in plumbing school. Lol

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 14:59 (1450 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

- No text -

you better be living WAY out in the boonies

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 15:06 (1450 days ago) @ WB

to take used TP out and dump it wherever you like. What are going to do with it, fertilize your garden with it? That sounds like something a SICK person would do. And I mean SICK!

Nah it’s hauled off with the rest of the trash.

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 15:20 (1450 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

I’m personally speaking of my mother in laws home. It blocks if you put 3 squares in! They never flush paper. I hate it! I got sick once over there. Tied up a wal-mart sack and hauled it off.

A friend from Europe told me in Greece no one ever flushed paper at all! Their infrastructure cannot handle the paper load on the treatment system. He says it’s nasty and you really can’t use public rest rooms!!!

ONLY IN ARKANSAS!!!!! lol

Woody
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 19:05 (1449 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

BIDETS .... Tell him Scotty!

Curt
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 14:47 (1450 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Stop the dependence now! Save America!

If nobody flushed paper it would destroy an entire industry!

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 14:57 (1450 days ago) @ Curt

No plumbing repairs, or so infrequent they’d go broke. When you NEED a plumber no one bitches about the $100 an hour! Goodness the stories I’ve heard.

By buddy (a licensed plumber) had to rod out this guys sewer lines, totally blocked up. The guy and his wife walked out to survey the progress. As they got close and saw the pile of debris that caused the issue a very heated fight broke out! Seems the blockage was in part caused by several, over a dozen, stretched out condoms that had hung up on infringing tree roots in the lines. And the husband had a vasectomy some years prior! As Paul Harvey said ... the rest of the story.