Rest In Peace Mr. John Prine

Patrick McCann
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 19:28 (1450 days ago)

And we hope he heard the savior call his name.

SPB
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 19:42 (1450 days ago) @ Patrick McCann

We wore out a compilation tape somebody

ChrisG
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 03:53 (1450 days ago) @ Patrick McCann

made of his best songs in my Dad's car when we were kids. One of our wittiest songwriters. Sorry to hear.

Angel from Montgomery

Joe Pollock
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 05:03 (1450 days ago) @ Patrick McCann

He found a level headed Dancer on the road to Alcohol. They blew up their T.V.,threw away their papers, moved to the Country, built them a home, planted a little garden, ate a lot of Peaches, and found Jesus in their own way... Because his flag decal won't get him into Heaven anymore... Thank you for all the great times at your shows and back stage.
You are now the Angel from Montgomery.

Memories John Prine

Charlie Herf
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 07:14 (1450 days ago) @ Patrick McCann

Fifty years ago when he was in his 20's John Prine entertained at a bar on Armitage in Chicago-The Fifth Peg. My wife to be, Patti, worked retail during the day and was a waitress there at night. We were saving up to get married and move to Arizona . The Fifth Peg was walking distance from our apartments. I visited there regularly and enjoyed not only his music but his humor and friendly personality. We had not heard him since he was "discovered" and became famous for 40 years. Then he was at a concert in San Diego we attended about 10 years ago with his "new" voice and songs. Great entertainer throughout the years. May he rest in peace.