Sig 210 Target 9mm...

Huey
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 17:11 (1477 days ago)

I've got a couple auto pistols. But, have always leaned heavily towards revolvers.

HOWEVER, today I handled a Sig 210 Target Model. It was awesome... Expensive, but awesome.

Beautiful machine work, contours, fit and finish.

Has anyone has any experience with these beauties?

Picture...

Huey
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 17:15 (1477 days ago) @ Huey

I have the standard model, good shooter and nicely built

Mark Shick
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 17:29 (1477 days ago) @ Huey

- No text -

years ago it took a lot of paperwork to get

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 17:53 (1477 days ago) @ Huey

one of the Sig 210s in the country. They were mainly for target shooters in Europe. Then semi autos were banned for all but the elite in Europe and Sig starting bringing them into the U.S. Great guns. Expensive but great.

I watched some YouTube reviews of the Target,

ChrisG
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 03:50 (1477 days ago) @ Huey

everyone raved about it. Price wise not any worse than a semi custom 1911. I want one, but I wanted a nice 9mm 1911 too and it won out for now. The Reeder HP was my only 9mm.

No. But I was interested in one a month ago.

ChrisG
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 19:36 (1477 days ago) @ Huey

Went with a 9mm 1911 instead. But a p210 could be in the future...

Sig 210 - Swiss Army

MountainWanderer
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 20:10 (1477 days ago) @ Huey

Had the distinct please of living there for a number of years and was astonished to find out they issued them to military personnel. Back then avg adult male had a fully automatic honest-to-God assault rifle at home along with several hundred rounds of ammo plus all the basics required for no-notice mobilization. They were required to quality twice a year. Got to fire both bolt action and the autos but it was several years before I got to fire the pistol. OMG! Built like the proverbial Swiss watch and ran just as smooth. Standard, non-target model was incredibly accurate once you acclimated to it. Absolutely fascinating piece of machinery. And that was with pure, issue military ball. Wish I could have bought one and brought it home...

I was thinking the new P210 Carry grips on

ChrisG
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 04:18 (1477 days ago) @ Huey

the Target might be the ticket. A friend has a REALLY nice SIG 1911 Target and the oversized grips just get in the way a bit. The Target grips are nicely made though. Huey if you buy one I'll be lusting after them again...

I seem to recall a story about

John W
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 09:56 (1476 days ago) @ Huey

the use of the Sig 210 pistol by a group of elite Swiss troops. I want to say the article stated that there were some elite paratroopers who were to have the Sig 210 so they could do a killing shot at up to 100 yards.

Again please correct me if I am wrong. I believe it was an old special handgun magazine from the 1990's