7mm gnr

MJ
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 15:15 (1473 days ago)

I’ve inherited a large collection of mostly T/C Contender/Encore, a few SSK, Bullbery, and a couple of GNR barrels along with frames and stocks. I have this 7mm gnr that I would like some info on. I am not a reloader, and I only shoot at targets when I need to sight in a hunting rifle/handgun.

I would like to know about the ammo needed for deer hunting and opinions about the scope base/mount. I would like any other general info, as well. [image][image]

if you don't reload you are limited to 7 X 30 waters ammo

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 15:29 (1473 days ago) @ MJ

If you have a friend that reloads, he can load the ammo for you. The 7 GNR is one of our most popular rounds. I know of several cow elk taken with it, but it is also good for smaller game like small bodied whitetail deer and such.

If you shoot 7 X 30 in it, hang on to the brass as you have just fire formed the brass to 7 GNR and if you find someone to load it for you that brass will be perfect. We have the dies in stock. The load data is below.
[image]
[image]
[image]

there was a question about the dates listed in my

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 16:32 (1473 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

loading manual for the 7 GNR. I looked at my reamer and it is dated March 1985 and that means I developed it sometime in mid to late 1984 and I know for sure the 7X30 waters was not out to the public by then. So I may have a wrong date listed in my red manual but that has nothing to do with the cartridge and it's effectiveness on game. There is always someone that feels the need to correct any error in my typing or paperwork. Nuff said.

let whoever mentioned your error look at

charlie A.
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 16:38 (1473 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

cartridges of the World. Half the info in there is wrong. Everybody makes mistakes especially around numbers. That has nothing to do with my 7 GNR. I bought it from you when you were in Florida probably 1986 or '87. It is my buddy and goes hunting with me wherever I go.

Yep and help us all if we spell a word incorrectly. LOL...

Huey
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 16:39 (1473 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

Thanks for the sending the info.

MJ
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 15:08 (1472 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

I will be giving it to my buddy who happens to be a very experienced loader. He was actually familiar with this barrel and told me it will be a nice one to hunt with.