Questions for the Misfits

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 09:11 (1478 days ago)

How many of you have a 'trauma kit' or First Aid kit handy?
Do you keep a tourniquet on you when you are out?
Have you taken a STOP THE BLEED class?

And if you don't care to answer those in a public setting, these are "things to consider" personally and don't really need an answer here.

Good ?, and yes to all.

Larryh
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 09:20 (1478 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

- No text -

I carry a few band-aids in my billfold.

WB
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 09:20 (1478 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

I bleed so easy, my hide rolls and tears, I can bruise by staring too long. To work on anything mechanical I first must provide a blood offering!

It’s a great idea an marvelous topic for a safety meeting at our utility. I remember Doug telling me they carried some type of “clotting packs” for gunshot wounds, and he was a contractor! They have some new lifesaving tricks via modern technology.

It is easy to put together a trauma kit ..

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 09:24 (1478 days ago) @ WB

just be sure to buy good stuff ..

I carry stop bleed and tape

steve todd
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 10:08 (1478 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

But, i bring it along for the dogs ( that’s what i tell myself). They make me carry their water too. That may be the only reason they let me go with them.

Have some medical training required for my job...

Huey
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 09:23 (1478 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

Try to keep basic supplies. One thing I'm never without is Benadryl. Some allergic reactions are no joke.

ALWAYS FIRST -AID KIT IN MY "RANGE BAG" WHICH

JT
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 10:39 (1478 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

IS THE ENTIRE BED OF MY 4X4 CHEVY WITH A LOCKING STEEL COVER. EVERYTHNG POSSIBLE NEEDED FOR ANYTHING TO DO WITH SHOOING IS IN THERE.

Being a retired Firefighter/EMT, I have acquired

Dan Marchel
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 11:00 (1478 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

lots of medical supplies to the point I can open a small MASH hospital. I carry a CLS (combat lifesaver) bag in my truck. Our CERT-Community Emergency Response Team, held a stop the bleed class last fall. I encourage everyone to take it.

years back I acquired a batch of the necessary stuff

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 12:17 (1478 days ago) @ Dan Marchel

from Dan above who was an EMT at the time. I keep an ammo can full of these articles in my truck.

Does a red handkerchief count?

Bob Denning
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 11:40 (1478 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

Always carry red ones never white. White shows the blood. If you can't see the blood then all is ok.

What I Have

Grover Sr
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 13:31 (1478 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

Is a field trauma kit with bandages, tourniket, tale, forceps needles and thread.

When I am out I have a smaller first aid kit and it has an elastic tourniquet but I keep a length of 3/4 " webbing strap in case something more is needed.

Haven't taken the stop the bleeding class but need a refresher from my ER nursing experience of 30 years ago.

Keep a fairly well outfitted first aid kit

Amede
[subject]
Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 14:21 (1478 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

in my truck at all times. Never know what you will run into(literally or figuratively) on a remote road. Has come in handy many times.

Being of military back ground we have training, it was

Sid R
[subject]
Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 05:25 (1477 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

self aide and buddy care. I can make lots of stuff with whatever I may have or whats around me. Trauma kit at the house. Small First aide kit hunting pack, camper, truck and the Ranger Northstar. Wife is a nurse. She is 12 years younger and can recognize the signs of a stroke. LOL