JT made a good point about the stimulus checks...

Huey
[subject]
Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 15:10 (1491 days ago)

I know I live a small life. It's by choice and those who know me deal with it.

But, as of today, I don't know a Single individual who has lost their job.

Regardless of that, there are millions that have. So a great idea for those who receive checks who have not been impacted by this crisis.

I have a deep rooted Christian Belief, but the gun guys I know are always more giving than the Church goers I know.

Going to church does not make anyone a christian ..

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 16:09 (1491 days ago) @ Huey

just like driving your car to a repair garage doesn't make anyone a mechanic. I know quite a few followers of Jesus who don't attend "church" ... but they live like THE Church.

That's why I used that wording...

Huey
[subject]
Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 17:02 (1491 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

- No text -

very true Huey. The supposedly Christians

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 17:14 (1491 days ago) @ Huey

that constantly spout off bible chapter and verse on forums and in public make me wonder if they are trying to hide something or convince people that they are more "religious" than all the rest of us. My 2 favorite people that I consider truly Godly people are Jim Taylor and John Taffin and I have spent a lot of time with both of them and I have never had either of them spout off chapter & verse to me. And for that I truly respect them.

WHEN EVER SOMEONE CARRIES THEIR

JT
[subject]
Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 17:24 (1491 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

RELIGION ON THEIR SLEEVE YOU CAN JUST ABOUT BET THAT IS ALL THEY HAVE. I PREFER REAL PEOPLE.

religion

cable
[subject]
Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 17:34 (1491 days ago) @ JT

so true. the difference between religion and religiosity is what it seems to be to me.

whoa, there is a word that went right over my head

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 17:42 (1491 days ago) @ cable

religiosity. I will have to look that one up.

Me too... Way over my I.Q. quota...

Huey
[subject]
Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 17:45 (1491 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Glad you said it first...

Now I really feel like a Thibodeaux...

Just looked it up. Way over

DennisD
[subject]
Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 18:21 (1491 days ago) @ Huey

My intelligence level.

or a Boudreaux

IC
[subject]
Thursday, April 02, 2020, 07:25 (1491 days ago) @ Huey

- No text -

Yep...

Huey
[subject]
Thursday, April 02, 2020, 07:28 (1491 days ago) @ IC

- No text -

thanks Jim. I agree. I thought about posting

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 17:05 (1491 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

my reasons for not attending church but didn't want to start something on here. But maybe I should and not be a hypocrite. I have read the Bible end to end at least a dozen times but have never seen where Jesus told people to attend church. Jesus is not only to be found in a red brick building. He can be with you wherever you are.

And the ones that really get to me (and sometimes I manage to keep my big mouth shut) are those that say if you are not a member of the (Baptist) Church (or put any other religious group here, like Methodist, Church of Christ, Mormons, Missionary Baptist, Hindu, etc) then you are going to hell. I think that organized religion turns more people away from God than anything else. There, I've said it, now those that believe otherwise can start giving me hell.

I'm onboard with this thinking...

Huey
[subject]
Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 17:36 (1491 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

I do quote Bible Verses when someone asks me why I do certain things. Always thought God gave me the Bible to make me a better person, not to use to bring others down.

In JTs excellent idea, I did recall Jesus explaining to people that when they did for others they were doing God's Work. They did it for the right reason, not to get attention.

Jesus said you would know the tree by its fruit

Steve W
[subject]
Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 20:03 (1491 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Over the last several years, I have seen a lot of fruit here with the Misfits. It has blessed me beyond measure.