Sheltering at Home ...

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 07:58 (1494 days ago)

Staying home is tough .. locked in the house .. except for when I go to the range and shoot .. and to the gun shop to browse .. and to the store for vital supplies like ice cream. And when I go for a stroll around the fences to make sure everything is intact and nothing needs repaired ... and checking the trail cameras ..

Actually .. nothing much has changed ......

I GUESS IT DEPENDS WHO WE ARE

JT
[subject]
Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 08:09 (1494 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

STAYING HOME WITH! WE ARE BLESSED!

Staying at home

Winn
[subject]
Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 08:55 (1494 days ago) @ JT

This social distancing is not too bad. In fact I seem to be really good at it. Being a misanthrope definitely helps and now I have an excuse to do my own stuff.
And JT, you are so right!

I'm kind of like Jim but I do have to work

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 09:00 (1494 days ago) @ JT

Folks expect water to shoot out of the faucet when they turn it on. Things like that. I have had to be involved with some decision making situations that have been interesting. We still need folks money to operate, pay their water bills. Figured a way to accept money and not expose employees. Plant sites are policing entry, as usual, but sales people have been very professional and calling anyway without being asked. Truck shipments and maintenance exposures are done with some thought and care.

We have Municipal Badges that are labeled "Public Works and Engineering" with our tittle and photo on it to match our DL. We have to prepare to get our people around in case of some sort of soft Martial law. Just be ready if some form or added security is enacted.

We live outside of town on 24 acres and have a good size parcel of wooded land on the other side of the county we can go to also. So far supplies and such have not been a worry. In a dire situation we have lots of critters and things to work with.

My family thrives on seclusion anyway, it's always been like that. It's a win if we do not have to go into town for a few days. Been working on goat fences and fishing lately. Not biting much. Roman and I are both utility workers so I go out and come back then he does his evening shift. Disinfecting and showering when we get home, managing the best we can.

Yeah, read a liberal article about Coronavirus yesterday...

Huey
[subject]
Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 08:14 (1494 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

Seems some Liberal ASSHOLE decided it was unfair for the poor, uneducated, low class rural folks to be "untouched" by the crisis.

I suppose I fit that description very well. But, sitting here in complete solitude and hearing only the birds singing, I don't feel so bad.

Just picked up my new Uberti 1890 Outlaw in 45 Colt/ACP this morning. Fixing to create some noise pollution here in a few minutes.

Lucky guy. I have a new gun at my LGS but

ChrisG
[subject]
Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 08:32 (1494 days ago) @ Huey

since the Illinois State Police is the middleman for our background checks it may take another week to clear. Hoping it goes through today...