FBI/NICS OVERWHELMED-GUN SALES UP 300%

JT
[subject]
Thursday, March 19, 2020, 18:40 (1501 days ago)

- No text -

Hopefully people will wake up.

SPB
[subject]
Thursday, March 19, 2020, 19:40 (1501 days ago) @ JT

- No text -

That's great news...I wish there was some way to segregate..

Huey
[subject]
Friday, March 20, 2020, 04:08 (1501 days ago) @ JT

How much of that percentage was first time buyers.

Have had two shops tell me that families were coming in and buying a gun for each family member.

Maybe some new converts and less noise about gun control.

Asa
[subject]
Friday, March 20, 2020, 11:35 (1500 days ago) @ Huey

- No text -

the NICS checks are people that do not have a concealed

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, March 20, 2020, 12:06 (1500 days ago) @ Huey

weapons permit so that leaves out the guys and ladies that are regular gun buyers. A large percentage of people buying guns from us are first time buyers and we go thru the safety features of the guns with them.

As I mentioned several times on here I have had families come in and buy the Taurus G2C for every member of the family, especially kids in their upper teens. We had a fellow come in yesterday and bought a couple of the small compact Ruger 9mms, one for himself and one for his wife.

We had one of the NICS check people tell us the normal daily checks are for around 60,000 PER DAY, but he said they were doing over 150,000 a day and this is just for people that do not have the CCW. CCW people don't have to go thru the NICS check. So even if one third of the people that are buying guns have a CCW that figures out to well over 200,000 guns PER DAY. That is impressive. Now if just half of them would join the NRA that would be great too.

Yup in 6-12 months the used market will be flooded

Sid R
[subject]
Friday, March 20, 2020, 07:38 (1501 days ago) @ JT

with used guns. That may be when my limited funds can pick up a couple. I have bought three brand new guns in my 59 years of life. I still have two of them and the third was stolen.

I don't think so. About half the guns we have sold

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, March 20, 2020, 11:56 (1500 days ago) @ Sid R

are to women and when they feel the need for a gun it usually stays with them. Guys are fickle and will trade around and sell guns but the ladies usually hang on to them.

Unfortunately, most men trade guns because they...

Huey
[subject]
Friday, March 20, 2020, 12:17 (1500 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Want something new and the apron strings are so tight they have to sell or trade to get something new.

Agree that we won't see a spike in used guns. Waiting in long lines is not something folks look forward to a second time.

Right on about the apron strings..I never had that issue

Woody
[subject]
Friday, March 20, 2020, 14:41 (1500 days ago) @ Huey

- No text -

me either. Colleen has more guns than I do

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, March 20, 2020, 16:42 (1500 days ago) @ Woody

- No text -