Well, I went to WalMart this morning....

Huey
[subject]
Sunday, March 15, 2020, 06:32 (1510 days ago)

Many, many empty shelves. Fortunately everything I needed was in stock, although not everything was plentiful.

Not sure how long warehouses will hold up. All we usually see is the retail side of things.

I was there before 7:00 on this Sunday morning and finished before 7:30. People were flocking in hours earlier than normal.

Gary’s post below prompted me to stop at LGS here.

Larryh
[subject]
Sunday, March 15, 2020, 07:47 (1510 days ago) @ Huey

Place was packed, ammo flying off shelves and AR’s and shotguns were being put in jail. Crazy! Don’t go to the grocery store very often but people here at work say long lines, limiting people in the store and shelves are bare!

Only thing that concerns me is when people panic....

Huey
[subject]
Sunday, March 15, 2020, 08:01 (1510 days ago) @ Larryh

Especially legislators!!! They don't seem overloaded with brain cells to start with.

TRUE

ChrisG
[subject]
Sunday, March 15, 2020, 08:04 (1510 days ago) @ Huey

- No text -

Those shelves were empty from the start

Amede
[subject]
Sunday, March 15, 2020, 09:54 (1510 days ago) @ Huey

- No text -

when the food stores run out

wrong house
[subject]
Sunday, March 15, 2020, 10:23 (1510 days ago) @ Amede

there will be "gangs" going through neighborhoods for there supplies. watch the rise in home invasions.

I'm afraid that's true. It's going to get to the point..

Huey
[subject]
Sunday, March 15, 2020, 10:47 (1510 days ago) @ wrong house

Folks can't walk out of a store with items they've bought.

Liberal Courts will let them off because "they're just trying to survive." They seem to forget the people actually paying for stuff are too.

I FEEL SO OUT OF IT

JT
[subject]
Sunday, March 15, 2020, 08:45 (1510 days ago) @ Huey

I DON'T NEED ANY GUNS, AMMO,PRIMERS,POWDER,TP,FOOD OR WATER.

Me either. Went for Diet Coke and not much else...

Huey
[subject]
Sunday, March 15, 2020, 08:58 (1510 days ago) @ JT

Walked around in disbelief.

Amazes me that I know people who run to town every day to get food for supper.

Our local Walmart changed hours just so they

Sid R
[subject]
Sunday, March 15, 2020, 09:47 (1510 days ago) @ Huey

Could stock shelves. Awful. Had to pick up some things for the wife and kid because they have influenza B.

Bying frenzy

DinCA
[subject]
Sunday, March 15, 2020, 11:16 (1510 days ago) @ Huey

Went into a Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday to see what people were buying in the virus scare of 2020. There were not as many people in the store since I was one if the first of the day. Most items in the ammo dept. were still well stocked. The same for powder and bullets. My wife needed a few things at the store today so I again went into Sportsman's and now the powder is reduced by 75% of the stock from yesterday and the lines for ammo & gun purchases are half way through the store long. Bullets are starting to empty out too.

did the same here

Sunny
[subject]
Sunday, March 15, 2020, 12:10 (1510 days ago) @ Huey

The employees were stating that the shortage is being caused by the weather, they said the main warehouse is in Reno, and THE Truck ?? is snowed in (must be one damn big truck this is an empty super WAL MART) was being held there till the road is clear.... BS !! do you really think I was born yesterday. The fact that everyone's baskets were over flowing couples were pushing a basket each, The self checkout is CLOSED ? plenty of checkers though, Got me thinking, Probably more to prevent theft. it was calm enough but you could tell it would not take much to touch off a fight. I had several men cut me off at the isle ends to get there first... and no my basket was normal not over flowing, really could use some TP though

Even family run stores are out of things.

John W
[subject]
Sunday, March 15, 2020, 15:59 (1510 days ago) @ Huey

In my old hometown there is a Polish food shop. As a rule I stop by each Sunday to get a few things for the house after church.

Today I noticed that ALL of the canned meats and fish are gone!

As a rule I like to have a can of Polish sardines for lunch and they only had two cans left! So I got them.

I remember last week they had the entire shelf of the Polish version of SPAM filled. Now all gone.

People are panic buying and I really hate to go shop for the house. It is insane to see a parking lot filled at 8:00 AM on a Sunday.