got a note from John Taffin a bit ago and it looks

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, March 12, 2020, 13:27 (1509 days ago)

like the panic buying has hit Boise, or at least has hit Costco. Welcome to the rest of the country John.

No toilet paper here in NY. Will resort to alternative means

Darryl T.
[subject]
Thursday, March 12, 2020, 13:31 (1509 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

I figure we have a rough couple weeks ahead

WB
[subject]
Thursday, March 12, 2020, 13:47 (1509 days ago) @ Darryl T.

if only listening to all the radical hand wringing BS. It is so telling the loonie and panicked behavior of some folks. Wal-Mart is totally sold out of toilet paper and Lysol, hand sanitizer etc.

Now about anywhere else, local grocery stores, etc. Supply is just fine. It seems there is a mindset of people so locked into thinking Wal-Mart is the only place to get things. Personally I NEVER go there and have issued an edict (largely ignored) for my family not to shop there. Of all nasty places to catch an air-borne disease I figure it's a toss up between an indoor rock concert and any Wal-mart, throw in Target too. One should ALWAYS go seriously armed to a Wal-Mart as many are frequented by very unsavory types, at different times. On guard for car jacking, robbery, or abducting women or children. I am reminded of one predominant abduction and murder at our local store.

Hopefully this thing will be brought to sensible light before someone tips off the wild people and they figure to branch out in their hoarding spree. It seems the overreaction has no bounds.

our regular grocery stores and such ran out of

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, March 12, 2020, 14:37 (1509 days ago) @ WB

TP and the other items highly sought after real quick as they had a smaller supply on hand, whereas Walmart and Sams had a warehouse full of each of these items.I don't care for Walmart either although Colleen says she saves almost $200 a week doing her grocery shopping there plus other savings on prescriptions and such. So I can't bitch about her shopping there. Some folks whine that we should keep our money here in Flagstaff rather than shopping at Walmart and Sams but all the regular grocery stores are mega chain stores like Kroger, Safeway etc. So the money doesn't stay here any more than it does with Walmart or Sams. plus Walmart and Sams hires probably 5 or 6 times as many local folks as the Safeway or Kroger or the other regular grocery stores.So the old "keep our money here in town BS" doesn't ring true when you think about it.

Now don't take me wrong as I am not promoting Walmart or Sams but just looking at it realistically.

now you see why I thank God that the

james
[subject]
Thursday, March 12, 2020, 18:49 (1508 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Russians never invaded because there would be no "Red Dawn" where I live and plenty of these assholes would be speaking Ruskie... Amazing how easy it is to panic people...

we stocked up just before Y2K and pretty much still are.. I

gary reeder
[subject]
Thursday, March 12, 2020, 19:32 (1508 days ago) @ james

bought a solar converter that gives us enough juice to run the house with most of the appliances. Plus I bought several of those big blue jugs that you see at hardware stores. I filled them with flour, beans, rice and some other odds & ends, so we might end up eating beans & rice but we won't starve. We have 3 large wood stoves including a wood cook stove so we have that part fairly well covered. now if I can make it thru this coronavirus we might just do alright.

Try cabbage leaves lots of it around WNY!

DennisD
[subject]
Thursday, March 12, 2020, 14:00 (1509 days ago) @ Darryl T.

- No text -

Like boise, Flagstaff hasn't had any cases of the virus yet.

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, March 12, 2020, 13:48 (1509 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

but folks are going crazy over the items they might need in case of a long term quarantine. I guess it is probably prudent to set aside some of the everyday items one might need in this situation. The problem as I see it is we don't know who to believe. Some scientists are saying it on't be more than a bad cold. Others are saying look at the 1200 people dead in Italy and other places. The most common sense thing I can see is to take a look at the symptom sheet I posted last night on here and watch out for the symptoms listed. And stay calm.

" WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO BELIEVE" COVERS

JT
[subject]
Thursday, March 12, 2020, 14:10 (1509 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS

That's for sure

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, March 12, 2020, 14:10 (1509 days ago) @ JT

- No text -

And it’s not the “media”.

SPB
[subject]
Thursday, March 12, 2020, 15:22 (1508 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

Here's a good view of the virus

Harry
[subject]
Thursday, March 12, 2020, 15:01 (1508 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Michael Osterholm
Michael T. Osterholm is an American public health scientist and a biosecurity and infectious disease expert. Osterholm is the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota and a Regents Professor, the McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health, a Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, a professor in the Technological Leadership Institute, College of Science and Engineering, and an adjunct professor in the University of Minnesota Medical School, all at the University of Minnesota. He is also on the Board of Regents at Luther College in Decorah, Iowa.

Watch the first 15 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3URhJx0NSw&fbclid=IwAR2YLah6wpXANrnds4i2w_4Ex1tXTM...

Italy

~JM~
[subject]
Thursday, March 12, 2020, 15:05 (1508 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

I know a few folks that live in Italy. It is not near as bad as what we hear from the news.

Buying some extra means

IC
[subject]
Thursday, March 12, 2020, 15:38 (1508 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

less store visits, which means less likely to contact the virus.

good point Irv

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, March 12, 2020, 15:49 (1508 days ago) @ IC

- No text -

I'm not worried about the TP issue...

Sid R
[subject]
Thursday, March 12, 2020, 13:59 (1509 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

The dryer monster has ate quite a few socks. Might have a few holey pair strewn about the dresser drawer.

do like they do in the sand box, use your left hand

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, March 12, 2020, 15:41 (1508 days ago) @ Sid R

- No text -