Colleen is waiting to board the plane in Dallas and

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, March 09, 2020, 16:37 (1507 days ago)

after talking to me earlier about the folks buying ammo and accessories, she called her distributors to order a small truckload of ammo and they just laughed at her. Even the distributor's shelves are getting bare.

You know how now till tax time inventory will be down.

WB
[subject]
Monday, March 09, 2020, 16:49 (1507 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

It does it to some extent every year, about this time. But the goofiness probably has added to it. I'm looking forward to $1 a gallon gas and hope to be able to afford a plane ride to vacation rather than a 24 hr. drive. I only wish I had a bazillion dollars to invest in the stock market. Come Nov. it will go through the roof! Surely stimulated by a sense of stability ensured for a good while.

This whole 'Pandemic,'

AJ
[subject]
Monday, March 09, 2020, 17:08 (1507 days ago) @ WB

... its' timing, and the way it's being promoted by the Daily Crisis Media sure has the Fishy-est smell to me... look at the effortless way it brings the entire world and economies to its' knees...

I don't think the inventory thing has much to do with it. We

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, March 09, 2020, 17:29 (1507 days ago) @ WB

have to do inventory by Jan. 15 so that is long past. Plus this is the normal time every gun shop stocks up as the distributors have prices marked down so they can afford to stock up in the next couple of months. Distributors have dating programs right now and most gun shops take advantage of that. Buy now and take delivery in the next 30 days and have 90 days to pay for it.

And if you are expecting $1 a gallon gas, you must be smoking something.
No it's panic buying, pure and simple. And the media is behind it completely. They are in business to broadcast bad news and the more they harp about big box stores being out of everything, the more people go there or to whatever stores they have to see what they can still get. And if they don't find what they feel they need, then they call around to see if they can find it and that adds to the scare.

With Italy talking about shutting the entire country down and some police departments here in the states furloughing some of their people for 2 to 4 weeks all that adds up to the situation. And one news channel comparing this crap to the Black Plague that hit everywhere around World War one and killed millions of people, then that scares people even more.

Nobody will convince me it isn't partly China trying to weaken this country and partly the democrats trying to make Trump look bad. And stories that 1 million doses of vaccines being ready by December just scares people even more. They worry about everything. Here in Flagstaff nobody has come down with the virus yet but as soon as there is one case of it then things will really go crazy.

All about destroying the USA and Trump.

SPB
[subject]
Monday, March 09, 2020, 18:23 (1507 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

Gas

Clint H
[subject]
Monday, March 09, 2020, 18:29 (1506 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

With taxes being over 60 cents a gallon you will never see 1 dollar gas again. If russia and other oil producers drive the price down for any length
Of time it will put some small oil producers here out of business. Then you are more likely to see 5 dollar a gallon gas again for a short time.
(Gas tax in utah 50 cents a gallon plus new 4.75% sales tax )

There is some war between the Saudi Prince and Russia

WB
[subject]
Monday, March 09, 2020, 19:02 (1506 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

the guy is not stupid but has more money than is in all of Russia. I don't think it will last all that long. Regular Unleaded here is $1.77 a gallon today (in the free world).

I remember when I ran my small shop I had a devil of a time getting anything specific from the Shot Show till spring. I always figured it had something to do with the Fiscal year of large jobber companies.

OPEC and Russia had a meeting to reduce production and ....

Marco
[subject]
Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 16:21 (1506 days ago) @ WB

try to keep the price of a barrel of oil up. This "Cervesa Sickness" had reduced consumption. Russia gets 25 percent of its GDP from oil and can not afford to reduce production. No agreement could be reached. OPEC will now increase production, flood the market and try to wait out Russia. That's the reason for the drop in the price of a barrel. Russia's cost for on-shore is $18 per barrel, OPEC, $3. Not good. But the worst part is US shale oil production is $73 a barrel. That industry is going to take it in the shorts. This could take some US producers from BBB to junk. That would be around $400 billion dollars about 11% of the bond market. Putin wants to take down the credit and financial system, I think that is his goal, and he may have found a way. This is all about Russia, not Saudi Arabia. He's also moving to get out from under the Petro Dollar valuation. Also, Russia has been stock piling gold. 2019 figures are 2241.86 Tonnes vs. Saudi's 332.1. Russia could hang on longer. Yes the House of Saud does have more fiat currency than Russia. Saudi riyal to the ruble is 1 to 18.99 so we will see how this plays out. Short answer: probably going to suck for US.

Today I bought oil Stock. I don’t

Bob Denning
[subject]
Monday, March 09, 2020, 18:55 (1506 days ago) @ WB

Think big oil will tank.

When everyone wants to sell its time to buy.

Haw many feet can the Saudis shoot?!

WB
[subject]
Monday, March 09, 2020, 18:57 (1506 days ago) @ Bob Denning

- No text -

Today, without saying it, Rush hinted that

WB
[subject]
Monday, March 09, 2020, 19:08 (1506 days ago) @ WB

Airlines might be a big buy. The virus scare has it down, and when the scare is exposed for the hoax it is, and fuel prices cut fares more there might be a boom.

I have no crystal ball. People should pay me so they can do the opposite and make millions.

Lol. Bought American Airlines stock today

Bob Denning
[subject]
Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 21:04 (1505 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

Definitely a buyer's market now.

Tom
[subject]
Monday, March 09, 2020, 19:28 (1506 days ago) @ Bob Denning

- No text -

Spoke to LGS Manager today. No panic buying here..

Huey
[subject]
Monday, March 09, 2020, 16:50 (1507 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Said it was unusually slow. Maybe a regional thing or big city concern. Or, maybe just slow starters here.