gonna be a rough day and if some old goat comes into the

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, March 07, 2020, 10:07 (1515 days ago)

shop bitching about some trivial thing, I may shoot him. Colleen is in Texas at a Jack Russell thingy and as typical one of our females decided to have her pups a couple of days late. We had planned on her having her pups while Colleen was here. So old man Reeder had to take care of it. The dog started having contractions about 4 PM yesterday afternoon, At 9 PM she had the first pup. Then the next one at 1 AM, then the next one at 6 AM and the 4th pup at 8:30 this morning but he didn't make it. Too long in the birth canal and it suffocated. So I am going on 36 hours with zero sleep. It's gonna be a long day.

You are a good man boss.

SPB
[subject]
Saturday, March 07, 2020, 10:10 (1515 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

put that Noodle to work !!

AJ
[subject]
Saturday, March 07, 2020, 10:28 (1515 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

Always seems like this is the time

Lonnie
[subject]
Saturday, March 07, 2020, 10:53 (1515 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

some obnoxious jackass is going to show up wanting to argue things like head spacing, the newest super duper whiz bang cartridge that will make all others woefully inadequate, and why you can’t possibly cleanly kill game animals with anything other than a .500 S&W Magnum. I can relate to your day because I just had a similar one yesterday. I’m the Maintenance Manager in a food manufacturing plant and spent the last week evaluating our facilities night shift operations along with the other department managers. I got home yesterday morning after working 11 hours and thought I could maybe catch two hours of sleep and take the wife out for a meal....no such luck. I got a call that one of the long baking ovens had sustained major damage. So I spent the day yesterday until well after midnight getting repairs done on it so we could at least get it able to run. One of the supervisors who works for me tried to be a comedian and say “Thanks for bailing us out big guy, we’ll take it from here”. I wiped his smile off his mug when I told him “Damn right you will....you’re going to do a root cause analysis and find out why it wrecked and correct the problem before 11:00 tomorrow night”. I have zero tolerance for smartasses when I’ve been up 32 hours straight.

Lonnie, I’m a production mechanic in a large food plant.

Larryh
[subject]
Saturday, March 07, 2020, 11:09 (1515 days ago) @ Lonnie

We don’t even know who our maintenance manager is! I bet your people really did appreciate your support.

Larry my preference is to be out

Lonnie
[subject]
Saturday, March 07, 2020, 15:15 (1514 days ago) @ Larryh

with the people who do the work and make the money. I spent several years turning wrenches on equipment and machining parts before getting into management. I always made sure I remembered where I came from as I worked my way up the ladder. My heart has always been in troubleshooting, solving problems, and being around the equipment and the maintenance crews. As a maintenance supervisor I was right there working with my crew....I always believed that it’s important for your employees to see that you’re working with them and understand things from their perspective. Now that I manage the department, most of my time is spent in meetings, managing finances, working on large project planning, and being the guy everyone seems to call when a SHTF crisis develops. The mechanics for the most part love it when I’m out in the plant because I listen to their thoughts and ideas plus I make sure they have whatever they need to do their jobs safely and better. I like them to feel like yeah, I’m the department head.....but I’m really no different than them. The supervisors on the other hand get really nervous when I just show up....I don’t let them sit in their office and I expect them to be engaged with their crews. My heart is with the guys doing the work.

Good on you Lonnie! Old school vs new college grad!

Larryh
[subject]
Saturday, March 07, 2020, 16:16 (1514 days ago) @ Lonnie

- No text -

I'm right there with ya Lonnie. I have 40 yrs in that

Woody
[subject]
Saturday, March 07, 2020, 20:59 (1514 days ago) @ Lonnie

field with 25 being a maintenance millwright and 15 a maintenance super. Never wanted anything to do with the managers job...cause I liked being on the floor solving production machinery problems and installing equipment. Besides, it takes a special person to want to be in a position where you just can't come out a winner. You either spend too much money or not enough, there is no middle ground. The average career of a maintenance manager within 95% of companies is about 3-4 years for a reason. I would hazard a guess that in those 40 years at 2 large companies I worked for, I had at least 15 if not more maintenance managers. My hat is off to you Lonnie.

Damn! Wish I had planned my trip to Flagstaff!

Larryh
[subject]
Saturday, March 07, 2020, 11:04 (1515 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

Hang in there!

ChrisG
[subject]
Saturday, March 07, 2020, 12:10 (1515 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

GEEZ! I WAS GONNA STOP BY

JT
[subject]
Saturday, March 07, 2020, 12:27 (1515 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

AND FUSS ABOUT .45 LONG COLT AND OLD VAQUEROS!!

well, just for you I will use the term "45 Colt" but

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, March 07, 2020, 12:49 (1515 days ago) @ JT

only once.

and I have a problem with the correct term for the early Vaqueros. Do I use...
old model Vaqueros
1st generation Vaqueros
large frame Vaqueros
magnum frame Vaqueros
1995 vintage Vaqueros
late 90s Vaqueros
or just do like half the people and call it the Vaquaro

RUGER COULD HAVE HEADED OFF THE CONFUSION

JT
[subject]
Saturday, March 07, 2020, 14:29 (1514 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

BY CALLING THE NEW VAQUERO SOMETHING ELSE

we had a fellow in a few minutes ago looking at the

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, March 07, 2020, 14:37 (1514 days ago) @ JT

new Trail Gun based on the older full size Vaquero and he asked if it was the old model Vaqueerio.

you had the right idea recently ...the SSA

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, March 07, 2020, 14:48 (1514 days ago) @ JT

- No text -

that's real white of you Gary

charlie A.
[subject]
Saturday, March 07, 2020, 16:56 (1514 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -