Hey Andy check this out, your little Tomcat

WB
[subject]
Friday, March 06, 2020, 08:35 (1520 days ago)

I really like the tip barrel Beretta's. They seem small but modern sub-compacts have made so many advancements. I have a PM9 and have nothing but good experience so far. It is a little more thin than the Tomcat, 1.4 oz. heavier and a tad longer. For a full 9x19 Luger though it is impressive. The SIG 938 is close too in size, just a little bigger.

This site is really fun for comparing guns side by side!

https://www.handgunhero.com/handguns

[image]

[image]

That Khar is impessive for a 9mm. I do like the tip up as

Andy S
[subject]
Friday, March 06, 2020, 09:38 (1520 days ago) @ WB

well. Mine really shoots well, but, you have to stay with it to shoot well. My wife loves her 938, another one that is not very forgiving without lots of practice. Thanks for the web site, that should be fun. Hope your doing well.
My best to Roman, and the rest of the family.

kahr

Winn
[subject]
Friday, March 06, 2020, 10:34 (1519 days ago) @ Andy S

I just sold my PM9. Too small for my hand. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I bought it used because they were throwing in 500 rds of 9mm (cost was more than I paid for the gun) It was a GA state patrol back-up gun that had only been shot once a year for qualification.

I have to confess that the Tomcat...

Stuart in GA
[subject]
Friday, March 06, 2020, 11:55 (1519 days ago) @ WB

...always seemed large-for-caliber to me. I had a PPK when the Beretta was released and the only dimension the Walther gave up to the Tomcat was length. Width and height with a flush magazine were all a draw, or close enough eyeballing it.

I suspect it is fun to shoot. But it kept with Berettas being oversize, as least in my view.

I could see where you could feel that way,

Andy S
[subject]
Friday, March 06, 2020, 17:54 (1519 days ago) @ Stuart in GA

But it is solid in the hand and stays lined up well for follow up shots. It also provides a good sight picture. I like the Walter too, just attached to TC.

the Khar company is a strange one. The Dad

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, March 06, 2020, 15:10 (1519 days ago) @ WB

started the Unification Church, later called the Moonies. The son, Jason or Justin or something like that, who owns Khar Arms is also part of another part of the family church. The strange thing is they require their members to own guns, specifically AR-15s. When they have special events at the church they require all members to bring their AR-15 with them. The men have headbands made of cartridges, mostly 223s. I saw a picture some time ago and they were baptizing a baby and all the people in the gathering wore white but had an AR-15 hanging over their shoulders, women and men alike. I am sure a California liberal would go into shit conniptions if they were to walk into this church and see how the members dress and act or even if they saw a picture of the goings on there. A strange group of folks who take their gun ownership seriously. .

Yes! The company has been aquiring other too.

WB
[subject]
Friday, March 06, 2020, 15:38 (1519 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

I think Auto Ordinance, Magnum Research, and some others. I read the "son" is a true firearm enthusiast. Not sure of the company ownership or organizational structure.

Kahr autos have a very spotty report on the varied net forums. I would certainly suggest anyone do their homework before trying to buy one. (The PM40 has a particularly nasty reputation -it's tiny and harsh) I have personally had great experiences and like the very long DA pull. (I have a P380, PM9, and P40) But others report otherwise. The resale prices are dismal compared to new retail. I'd certainly suggest a clean used over a new one. I saved about $400 over suggested retail on one model! They even say in the manual to break in with at least 200 rounds. I've never seen that from a manufacturer. Most figure it out on there own with most autos anyway. Smaller platforms are certainly more sensitive. FWIW

I found a couple of pics of the Khar church events

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, March 06, 2020, 15:39 (1519 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

and the folks with their AR-15s. And not all these folks are asians. many are normal non-Asians.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Glad South Korea is on our side! lol

WB
[subject]
Friday, March 06, 2020, 15:40 (1519 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

this is not South Korea. This is Pennsylvania

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, March 06, 2020, 15:44 (1519 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

I live 50 miles from the church in Newfoundland

Andy S
[subject]
Friday, March 06, 2020, 18:08 (1519 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Pa. I never knew that the church existed. That is wild.