6.5 Creedmore

Tom
[subject]
Sunday, February 16, 2020, 13:37 (1523 days ago)

Got bored this morning and took a short ride to Scheel's just to waste some time. Only reason I go there is for the fly shop and hunting department. The fly shop was less than impressive so I wandered over to hunting. Plenty of rifles if you want a 6.5 Creedmore. Every maker and configuration a guy could want. Hardly any other calibers to look at. Not one .30-06 on display. Saw a couple of .270 Winchesters and a .300 Magnum. Plenty of AR platform rifles. I guess the moral of the story is if you want a 6.5 Creedmore go to Scheel's, at least the on in OP, KS. The fly shop was about the size of a small broom closet so don't bother.

Not a bad round at all, but certainly not magic

WB
[subject]
Sunday, February 16, 2020, 14:56 (1523 days ago) @ Tom

The .260 Remington was doing it for me. Flat shooting and low recoil. I've never been a .264 zealot exactly but what's a millimeter or two. I'll party with about anything.

They did engineer the case for more efficient powder burn at the sake of a bit of feeding smoothness and an arguable increase in headspace control. I also like a longer neck, than shorter, as it's said to help keep the bullet centered in the bore. Like my 6mm Remington. I'm sure if you handle the ammo roughly it has to help some.

A shame all the hyperbole has tarnished ownership a bit for me. Were I the first kid on the block I'd be blissfully pleased. To follow the crowd that swallowed the pill like stampeding lemmings, I'm inclined to resist. But shame on me too, it's a good round. Great for a 6.5. Uniformity with domestic and foreign cases are bound to be better than 6.5X55, that I have had issues with in the past. Would make a good commercial handgun round for hunting critters smaller than Elk. Truly, if you did not fancy any recoil. I know the 7mm-08 is fantastic.

no comment

gary reeder
[subject]
Sunday, February 16, 2020, 17:37 (1523 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

I can't believe Opie has a fly shop, hahaha

jthomson
[subject]
Sunday, February 16, 2020, 17:18 (1523 days ago) @ Tom

nothing but a chicken restaurant when I went to school in Emporia, Oh and darn good prairie chicken hunting