problems with the new Python. Go to about the

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 14:32 (1567 days ago)

LOOKS LIKE SPRING PROBLEMS. WHY

JT
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 14:43 (1567 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

DOES HE FLINCH WHEN THE GUN DOESN'T FIRE? I HAD NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER WITH MINE

boy that was a big flinch too. It looks to me like the

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 14:54 (1567 days ago) @ JT

spring behind the pawl that pushes the pawl forward to catch the ratchet has collapsed or there is some junk in there binding the spring up. Like I said above I sure hope Colt gets their stuff together. We all have lemons. Back a hundred years ago I sent John Taffin a new Doc Holliday Classic and a Tombstone Classic for an article. I shot them a bunch before sending them to John. When he got them neither one would work. I got them back and some little something inside both of the guns locked them up tight. I fixed them and shipped them back to John and he did an article on them. but that was sure embarrassing. So like the old saying...shit happens. Being an old goat that grew up with Colt I sure hope they get their act together. They have a lot of $$ invested in this Python project so I expect them to get the bugs worked out. I just wish they had done it before releasing the gun.

I hope it gets fixed. Haven't been this

Tim Pence
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 15:01 (1567 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

excited about getting a new gun in quite some time.

normally I don't post stuff like this as quite often it

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 14:46 (1567 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

is BS but good friend Jim Taylor sent it to me and if there was ever someone I trust it is Jim Taylor and John Taffin. I really hope Colt gets their act together and gets whatever these little problems are taken care of. I wish they had cleared these hiccups before they released the guns. Got my fingers crossed.

Lots of reviews like popping up...

Huey
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 14:51 (1567 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Like you, I would love it to be different. Couple King Cobras at my LGS that are horrible.

I'll take pictures and post them when I go back.

Hopefully they'll do ok. Time will tell, but the past the best indicator of the future.

The guy has a couple strikes against him...

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 15:19 (1567 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

he's from Tennessee and he's a retired school teacher. But overall he has been honest and open about the guns he reviews.

plus he might be related to me. Everybody in

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 15:31 (1567 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

Tennessee has the same DNA.

Good thing Crockett wasn't around

Sid R
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 15:54 (1567 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Long in Texas to propagate,it would have spread faster. Lol

he was too busy diddling the Mexican maids and

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 17:35 (1567 days ago) @ Sid R

cooks at the Alamo.

Hickock45 is normally brutally honest as is Sootch00

Bucky
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 16:00 (1567 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

History will have the final word, but I agree...

Huey
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 17:05 (1567 days ago) @ Bucky

- No text -

I normally put no credibility in these on line gun tests

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 17:34 (1567 days ago) @ Bucky

that is what they are there for, to find something wrong with the gun. If every gun was perfect they wouldn't be there. Just like that paper monthly "newsletter" called Gun Tests. I always hated them for if they found a gun, say maybe a model 29 S&W 44 Magnum for instance, that had a less than slick trigger pull or maybe the cylinder release was hard, then as far as they were concerned, every model 29 was bad. They just crucified whatever guns they were testing that month. And the internet gun "shows" are for the most part, the same way. There are a couple of good ones that gives you the info on a new gun and are not out to smear the gun company due to a less than perfect gun getting out the door. It is negative news that sells these days. Just like the news on the TV, Nobody wants to hear about good stuff happening but they love the horrendous multiple car wrecks and large apartment complexes burning to the ground. Just like people slow down and gawk at a wreck hoping to see a body lying on the road. Negative stuff sells.

Never have liked that "gun tests"

Derek
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 18:35 (1567 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

Don Henley - “Dirty Laundry” says a lot.

SPB
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 20:07 (1567 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -