for those not familiar with the new Glock 44

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 10:58 (1565 days ago)

The model is 44, the caliber is 22. The gun is roughly the same size as the Glock 19, but several changes in this one. The slide has different type lettering with front serrations. The slide release is ambi and even a right handed person can use the off side slide release. It has the slot in the rear top of the barrel to see at a glance if the gun is loaded. It has a loading tab on the magazine to make loading easier. The magazine has open sides to see how many rounds you have left. All in all a really nice Glock.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

I like it!!!

Huey
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 11:01 (1565 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

My favorite LGS just posted on in stock!

Larryh
[subject]
Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 08:32 (1564 days ago) @ Huey

Going to go fondle it but.... here in commifornia it is for sale to LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY!

Volunteer to be a sheriffs deputy or

Woody
[subject]
Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 17:34 (1564 days ago) @ Larryh

a fill in deputy. If Lou Ferrigno (the hulk) can do it at 72 anyone can.

Ferrigno looks better at 72 than I did at 50

gary reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 21:02 (1564 days ago) @ Woody

or for that matter probably than I looked at 40.

It's innovative that the slide is polymer too

WB
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 11:15 (1565 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

I am surprised it does not have a provision for a suppressor adapter like most of it's competition. It will be fantastic practice and trigger exercise for Glock shooters.

the long strip under the slide is metal

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 11:18 (1565 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

Saw a video where it was stated

Jk
[subject]
Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 06:19 (1564 days ago) @ WB

The the model 44 was designed with using a suppresser in mind. Show them firing likewise.

that is probably with an optional barrel as

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 14:19 (1564 days ago) @ Jk

the barrel that comes with the gun is not threaded.

I am 1st on list at LGS

Terry
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 12:54 (1565 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

now if they would just do it in 22 magnum

Jerome
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 13:18 (1565 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

it would be nice but there are a couple of good 22 magnums

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 14:04 (1565 days ago) @ Jerome

on the market now that I really like. The Kel Tec PMR-30 is extremely popular. Dealer price is somewhere under $400 but I have seen them priced close to $800 due to scarcity. The one we have over in our showcase is the sand tan color. Mine is all black. The gun is a bit big from the back of the frame to the face of the trigger but no big deal. The sights are bright and easy to shoot accurately. Plus it shoots any 22 Magnum. I don't think mine has ever jammed.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Another one is the Rock Island 22 Magnum. I am a 1911 fan so this one appeals more to me than the Kel Tec. It is much like a 45 ACP 1911 in looks but has the open top and the slide moves like a High Standard 22, and the whole thing is in 22 Magnum. I have fancied up mine so it is not exactly as it came from Rock Island. But it is a great pistol and mine hasn't jammed that I can remember.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

The original (that I know of) is the Auto Mag 2 by AMT. Mine is a bit picky about ammo but the red box Federal 22 Mag runs flawlessly. All stainless and a bit of a collectors item these days, they get big bucks on the internet.
[image]
[image]
[image]

But I agree, a 22 Mag from Glock would be a winner.