The Eagles were right!

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Sunday, January 19, 2020, 08:09 (1553 days ago)

[image]

Well ... close to right. I don't own a smart phone and won't. When I was waiting for my airplane last week I noted that everyone in the waiting area was on a phone except for me, an old cowboy and a middle-aged lady. So we all ain't prisoners.

phone

okie
[subject]
Sunday, January 19, 2020, 08:54 (1553 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

Oh I know it, everywhere you go people have those phones out. I'm glad I don't live that way. I'm 43 years old and still have a flip phone from 12 years ago. It doesn't even have a camera. I take a lot of grief and get made fun of but I don't care.

Flip phone too

Sunny
[subject]
Sunday, January 19, 2020, 09:05 (1553 days ago) @ okie

The nicest thing about these SMART phones is the Idiots using them have gotten quiet, No more shouting at their phones in public now I feel like I am alone in a sea of tranquil texters, I LIKE IT, Best part is when one walks into something, Real hard not to laugh out loud... LOL

phone

okie
[subject]
Sunday, January 19, 2020, 09:46 (1553 days ago) @ Sunny

yeah I use a computer, a desk top that's about 20 years old and I don't carry it around everywhere I go. Looking up craigslist or gun sites is about all its used for. I still write checks to pay my bills to.

good one Jim

james
[subject]
Sunday, January 19, 2020, 12:45 (1553 days ago) @ okie

- No text -

Your using a computer/laptop..nuff said!!

Woody
[subject]
Sunday, January 19, 2020, 09:06 (1553 days ago) @ okie

- No text -

HEY! No fair bringing in reality!

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Sunday, January 19, 2020, 09:11 (1553 days ago) @ Woody

- No text -

SMART phones can, and have saved lives. They have

Woody
[subject]
Sunday, January 19, 2020, 09:23 (1553 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

endless uses unlike old flip phones. In addition, for work and business they are a tool, and a darn good one at that. They ain't just for millenials and Z'ers to text on....that is just 1 use. Once you get one and use it even to half its capability you will never go back to a flip phone. They have more data space than the computers used to launch our rockets to the moon.

I have no problem with the phones.

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Sunday, January 19, 2020, 11:20 (1553 days ago) @ Woody

It's the rude users who cannot carry on a conversation without stopping every 3 minutes to answer a text ... look at picture of someone's cat .. or who cannot carry on a conversation at all unless it's on the phone.

It's not the phone's fault. I get that. And I ain't blaming the phones.

Agree, just like everything I mentioned...

Huey
[subject]
Sunday, January 19, 2020, 12:04 (1553 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

The problem is the person, not the object...

I also have a flip phone and wouldn't change

gary reeder
[subject]
Sunday, January 19, 2020, 16:08 (1553 days ago) @ Woody

for anything. Woody says the phones have saved lives. So has a regular flip phone. I would never have a smart phone. They take over your life. You can't go 5 minutes without looking at it. Everything revolves around it. If you are not talking or answering a call you are on one of the sites with a picture of something totally useless. If someone needs to get in touch with me my flip phone takes care of that or if i need to call someone or there is an emergency my flip phone can call 911 just as quick as a smart phone. There is nothing a smart phone will do that I can't live without. The smart phones have taken over people's lives. Just like Facebook. A company owned and run by one of the most un-American people on this planet, completely anti gun, anti hunting, anti everything we believe in, yet people can't live without it. And they have made this guy a multi billionaire. Even the major gun companies are on facebook and that is about as hypocritical as you can get.

Just like in that picture Jim posted above when we go out to eat every table is filled with people on their smart phones. A professor of something recently said that if our power grid went down for more than a week people would commit suicide due to their smart phone being taken away from them. People are addicted to their phones.

Agree

IC
[subject]
Sunday, January 19, 2020, 16:14 (1553 days ago) @ gary reeder

- No text -

Just keep in mind...

Huey
[subject]
Sunday, January 19, 2020, 16:21 (1553 days ago) @ gary reeder

Just because an owner has a smart phone it doesn't make them smart.

Recently witnessed a woman yapping on her cell phone during a funeral.

Have overheard some really personal conversations in restaurants too. People are truly without limits.

It ain't the phone,,,it's the PEOPLE using it and

Woody
[subject]
Sunday, January 19, 2020, 20:42 (1552 days ago) @ Huey

it's a tool like any other that can be misused...but used responsibly it's quite useful.

I RECENTLY SAW WHAT APPEARED TO

JT
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 08:57 (1552 days ago) @ gary reeder

BE A VERY YOUNG COUPLE ON WHAT MAY HAVE BEEN A FIRST DATE AT A RESTAURANT. ALL VERY ROMANTIC--NOT LOOKING AT EACH OTHER; NOT TALKING TO EACH OTHER--JUST PLAYIN' WITH THEIR SMART PHONES.

Always the same story on do and do not...

Huey
[subject]
Sunday, January 19, 2020, 10:11 (1553 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

Those that don't have or like guns say nobody should...

Those that don't ride or like ATVs say nobody should...

Those that don't like TVs, Computers, Smart Phones, etc don't think anyone should...

I think we should just IMPEACH THEM ALL!!!

WHAT IS A "FLIP PHONE"? MY PHONE

JT
[subject]
Sunday, January 19, 2020, 11:07 (1553 days ago) @ okie

SETS ON MY DESK AND HAS A WIRE GOING INTO THE WALL.

Mr. Taffin. I am not sure how long

John W
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 05:17 (1552 days ago) @ JT

it has been since you were in a classroom but one of the great shocks to me was the proliferation of those things. I taught at a rehabilitation center until it closed. We had a very strict policy on cell phones. Basically they were not allowed.

Now. Every student has one and is on one almost all the time. I can say it does get in the way of things.

BEEN 25 YEARS--NO PHONES THEN

JT
[subject]
Monday, January 20, 2020, 08:53 (1552 days ago) @ John W

- No text -