Whats the Best Beretta 92 clone?

Bucky
[subject]
Friday, January 17, 2020, 05:07 (1561 days ago)

Been looking at Taurus , Girsan.

BEST? ALL GOOD.

JT
[subject]
Friday, January 17, 2020, 08:17 (1561 days ago) @ Bucky

- No text -

GIRSAN PIX

JT
[subject]
Friday, January 17, 2020, 08:27 (1561 days ago) @ JT

The 92 is a gun I have a difficult time getting excited over

WB
[subject]
Friday, January 17, 2020, 09:00 (1560 days ago) @ JT

but try as I might I cannot dislike it. I have a 92A1 and it came with (3) 17-round mags made by McGar for Beretta. It has a standard rail for accessories and they dovetailed the front sight into the slide rather than previously made in part. The recoil rod is plastic as is the trigger. I was a bit dismayed over learning the latter but would have never known had I not read about it much later. Wilson markets a "set back" metal version I am very interested in that is not expensive. In DA I do reach just a teeny bit farther than I would like. Truthfully the modern polymer parts are fine.

The gun feels huge and is wide. But it is light, handles lively, and I've never seen one that was not truly inherently accurate. I don't know what it is but EVERYBODY shoots it well. When Benjamin was 6 yrs. old I was loading it single shot and he was nailing cans at 20 yds. He could barely grasp it. My wife and daughter both really like the smooth shooting and low recoil and flip due most likely to that huge and wide backstrap. Also I find mine shoots 115, 124, and 147 gr. all to the same point of aim. Must be the backstrap distributing the forces so broad the different recoil loads and residence time in the barrel is minimized? With all the bitching and moaning it actually carries very nicely concealed. The 5" barrel is vertical down your pants and that slightly wider grip sort of goes unnoticed. I have read of some failures in Military action with guns that had seen lots of service. I know sportsmen who have fired many thousands of rounds from a single commercial model with zero issues and tout excellent reliability.

Casual observation of a "clone" should reveal overall quality of a very good and sound design. Any departures from original Beretta designs should be examined on their own merits. They might be positives! That example JT is reviewing shows a return to "made in slide" front sight (which I never liked but arguably worked for decades) and finger grooves on the frame itself. If you don't like that you can not do much about it. The threaded barrel is great and I'd like one myself.

I'd love to try some of those guns and I like the paint on them.

Those are some good looking guns!

Derek
[subject]
Friday, January 17, 2020, 09:22 (1560 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

The trigger on a M92, 96 or clones

WB
[subject]
Friday, January 17, 2020, 09:31 (1560 days ago) @ WB

is not a sear bearing part. It is simply a lever attached to a "trigger bar" that runs along the right side of the external frame and along the top of the right grip. That bar goes internal and eventually is what trips the hammer sear. It's not really all that stressed a part. So plastic is OK I guess, I just don't like a plastic trigger. Yes, even on Glocks. The aluminum ones are great if you want to go that route.

The Beretta locking block is under the barrel and engages the slide on each side of the barrel, little cut outs. It is here that they are said to crack or along the slide. I've never seen one do it in person. The design is very reminiscent of the Walther P-38 of WWII fame. Their alloy "frames" cracked in a small cut out but continued to function perfectly. Some makers go ahead and "cut" design weak points like that so it won't crack later! Just interesting to look over the finer points and know what you got.

A pic, of the slide locking recesses with the locking block lifted up into them. (not my gun but representative)
[image]

WHEN MY GRANDDAUGHTER SHOT THE 92

JT
[subject]
Friday, January 17, 2020, 10:19 (1560 days ago) @ WB

FOR THE FIRST TIME: "OH PAPA I WISH IT WOULD FIT IN MY PURSE."!!

They made a "Compact" version but only this much" "smaller.

WB
[subject]
Friday, January 17, 2020, 10:42 (1560 days ago) @ JT

I also have a Beretta M2000 semi auto that is basically a chopped and modded version of the 92 done right that really works. It is a bit Italian designer "styled" but is a great gun. I had a .40 and loved it.

Beretta 9000-s, the one I had, not 2000

WB
[subject]
Friday, January 17, 2020, 20:48 (1560 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

GOOD YOU WROTE "CLONE"!! MAYBE THAT MEANS

JT
[subject]
Friday, January 17, 2020, 10:22 (1560 days ago) @ WB

YOU KNOW A CLONE IS BIOLOGICAL. ONLY LIVING THINGS CAN BE CLONED.

Girsan Deluxe

Derek
[subject]
Friday, January 17, 2020, 11:20 (1560 days ago) @ Bucky

that is a bit fancy

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, January 17, 2020, 17:44 (1560 days ago) @ Derek

- No text -

the military Beretta came with 2 accessories

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, January 17, 2020, 17:47 (1560 days ago) @ Bucky

1 blonde and 1 brunette
[image]

Must be the new Army.

IC
[subject]
Friday, January 17, 2020, 18:24 (1560 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

I didn't even get one accessory when I was issued mine.