A dear friend gifted me a really nice 10/22

WB
[subject]
Sunday, January 05, 2020, 14:54 (1583 days ago)

It is a silver framed normal gun with the laminate stock he did some bedding on. The barrel is the main feature, a carbon pre-tensioned light weight with a comp on it. I'm not sure what such a comp is supposed to do but it shoots great, the 100 yd. gong is too easy.

[image]

The Volquartsen barrel had had some cartridges stick in the chamber, jumping the extractor when not fired. I have read about some Winchester ammo and match chambers not working out too well. Something about the match chamber being tapered and Win. ammo being a bit over match spec. Anyone have experience?

[image]

I found a place that makes thread adapter so I can put a can on it.

Good looking 22!

Derek
[subject]
Sunday, January 05, 2020, 20:13 (1583 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

A bit of a Franken-gun but shoots great

WB
[subject]
Sunday, January 05, 2020, 20:55 (1583 days ago) @ Derek

I don't have experience with those special chambers. Sort of dangerous since a loaded round is stuck in there often, I don't like it. I think it's the ammo or chamber type, not the mechanical extractor on the gun.

Try the Eagles Talon extractor

Randy Barnett
[subject]
Monday, January 06, 2020, 07:02 (1583 days ago) @ WB

From Tandemkross

I’ll look into that. I’m sure others have encountered

WB
[subject]
Monday, January 06, 2020, 07:24 (1583 days ago) @ Randy Barnett

The same situation. I really don’t need crazy levels of rim fire accuracy, measuring rim thickness etc. I sure don’t need loaded rounds sticking in the chamber. A purpose built Uber extractor Omer the stamped sheet metal might be the next step. Plus I’ll be looking at a couple brands of domestic ammo to see what gives the least issue. I did read Winchester gave several folks the issue.

that is probably why the person that "gifted"

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, January 06, 2020, 12:36 (1582 days ago) @ WB

it to you did. He got rid of a problem gun. But try some other brands of ammo before you start taking the gun apart.

He did mention something about CCI mini-mags

WB
[subject]
Monday, January 06, 2020, 13:57 (1582 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

It's just I have 5K of Federal and 10K Winchester.

Yeah, and I give him $500k business per yr. lol

WB
[subject]
Monday, January 06, 2020, 18:44 (1582 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

I gifted him something to show my gratitude, and keep things in the level. Not exactly trading but sort of, in spirit.