all kinds of comments about the new Python.

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, January 02, 2020, 14:30 (1587 days ago)

The internet gun magazines are comparing it to the second coming of Christ. I lost all respect a good while back for these goons. All they know how to write about is new stuff from Sig and Springfield Armory and the new Hellcat. Makes me respect John Taffin even more.

Well said.

SPB
[subject]
Thursday, January 02, 2020, 14:35 (1587 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

The Ruger 5.7x28 is intriguing to me. The more I read...

Huey
[subject]
Thursday, January 02, 2020, 14:38 (1587 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

The more I like it. Will most likely have to try one. Sounds like Ruger put a lot of thought into engineering this one.

I could give two rat's rectums about the Python. It's hard for me to support a company that sides with Anti-gun Liberals over Law Abiding Americans. Then claim to be an "All American Company."

I support American JOBS,..even if I am retired.

Woody
[subject]
Thursday, January 02, 2020, 15:27 (1587 days ago) @ Huey

- No text -

i’m wanting a Ruger 57

steve todd
[subject]
Friday, January 03, 2020, 17:37 (1586 days ago) @ Huey

I had the FN version 18 or so years ago. Handloads with the 35 grain V-Max shot well enough for squirrels, but factory ammo wasn’t very accurate. The lead free was horrible.
You’re being generous with rat rectums.

If they better the old Trooper MKIII with it's

WB
[subject]
Thursday, January 02, 2020, 14:55 (1587 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

molded parts and coil springs, in this modern age, I'll give them a silver star. The classic silhouette is worth a little. Now if they can figure a way to integrate it into one of these big Hollywood features... Icon it like the Desert Eagle, folks will buy it just to say they have one. No matter the outright performance.

You know how to read Mr. Taffin? If it's a smoking bag of crap, he just wont say anything. If he sidesteps the inquiry, you can bet it's smart to stay far from it. He's tricky like that, his poker tell. LOL

When I get mine...I will decide if its worth the money.

Woody
[subject]
Thursday, January 02, 2020, 15:31 (1587 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

With all this talk about "junk" Colts..

Dave H.
[subject]
Thursday, January 02, 2020, 17:19 (1587 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

I certainly have not had such an experience, and I own two Pythons and an Anaconda in 45 Colt. Sure, my Pythons are nice, but they won't fetch my newspaper like a good dog, rub my feet after a long, hard day at work, or make me a stiff drink. They are good shooters....at least I can't tell the difference between them and my 686 or GP 100....Heck, I bought my Anaconda once I read Taffin's article on them. Are they the Holy Grail? No.

for the last several years Colt's quality has been

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, January 02, 2020, 17:48 (1587 days ago) @ Dave H.

mediocre at best. Their new 1911s have been sloppy and less than great. And then their announcement that they would no longer sell AR-15s to the American shooters was the final blow as far as I was concerned. It's a real shame too. Their re-introduction of the Agent a while back was a good idea and the guns were well made. I don't know what happened to them as I haven't seen any of them on our distributor's in stock list lately. Colt has the ability to put out fine guns but the owners seem to want to build mediocre guns and price them high so that you are paying for the name.

I agree completely!!! Mediocre is actually pretty generous..

Huey
[subject]
Thursday, January 02, 2020, 17:59 (1587 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

My LGS got some in and they just won't move. Lots of people look at that absurd price tag and expect a quality gun. Unfortunately, that's just not what's there.

If anyone wants to believe they're elite and pay for a name that at one time meant something, more power to them.

But, they're fooling themselves, not anybody that knows about revolvers.

They'll pay somebody to give glowing reports, sell a few and then they'll likely disappear again.

I have seen a lot of them lately on the auction blocks

Amede
[subject]
Thursday, January 02, 2020, 18:01 (1587 days ago) @ Huey

going for less than wholesale by a bit.

Only way they can be unloaded from sellers...

Huey
[subject]
Thursday, January 02, 2020, 18:02 (1587 days ago) @ Amede

- No text -