Misfit's Plans for 2020?...

Huey
[subject]
Friday, December 27, 2019, 12:10 (1583 days ago)

2019 has been another great year. Lots accomplished and added a few nice guns. Worked a lot, averaging 93 hours a week at work.

Gary currently building me another 38-40 Revolver and due to send a Super Redhawk this Spring. It's currently a 10mm, but will get a new cylinder and come home a 38-40 as well.

Few other things going on and may add to the list.

Wondering what other Misfits are planning for the new year?

my wish and hope is to get as many of the

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, December 27, 2019, 12:40 (1583 days ago) @ Huey

custom guns out to their owners who have all been very patient (except for a few). I am thankful for the large amount of orders that we have and hopefully the back log of parts, chemicals and such will catch up somewhat. At my age each day is a blessing and good Lord willing I can spend some time with good friends in Africa in May. Other than that, just keep on truckin'.

2020 .. hopes and dreams

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Friday, December 27, 2019, 12:57 (1583 days ago) @ Huey

I would like to make one more trip to Africa. I am not yet sure if I will go or not, but I will have to make up my mind in couple months. It takes a while to get all the paperwork needed.

I have a chance go to the Bahama's and help a Disaster Relief Team with the recovery from the last hurricane on Grand Bahama Island.

I want to visit old friends and spend some time with them. Any more people are more important to me than stuff is.

So most of my hopes and dreams are wrapped up with people I know, or people I want to meet.

We (My Company) has vessels and crews in the Bahamas...

Huey
[subject]
Friday, December 27, 2019, 12:59 (1583 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

Working relief efforts...

I know there are quite a lot of people helping

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Friday, December 27, 2019, 13:50 (1583 days ago) @ Huey

the restoration. My friends live in the Bahamas and head up United Rescue Alliance which is based in Abilene, TX. They are establishing a Disaster Relief Center there and are training people.

[image]

2020? SEEMS JUST LIKE YESTERDAY WAS Y2K!

JT
[subject]
Friday, December 27, 2019, 14:47 (1583 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

- No text -

Boy I've got lots more than I can manage

WB
[subject]
Friday, December 27, 2019, 13:32 (1583 days ago) @ Huey

and I'm blessed for it. On a personal note, aspire to reduce the number of attorneys on my payroll to zero this next year. Very soon, I hope.

I actually do not "like" AR's and will shortly get back to normal tinkering. I have not added a .400 GNR to my stable. It would make a fun to load Contender/G2 Hog hammer, without the crazy recoil of the .45/70. But I really want a Lever Action, and while I like the Winchester, it looks like a much greater chance it will be a Marlin 336 when I get it done.

I have some cast bullet work in 6mm to explore too. More bullet painting to try.

The only think I can think of in the way of a more portable handgun is a Single-six conversion in a smaller caliber or maybe a semi-auto with a reflex sight on it. I am having to rely more and more on optical assistance.

Brian T
[subject]
Friday, December 27, 2019, 14:25 (1583 days ago) @ Huey

Well, biggest event is my son getting married in September.

Trying to survive Va anti 2A assault.

Hopefully a hunt or two.

I want to stop falling down so much...

gilligan
[subject]
Friday, December 27, 2019, 16:46 (1583 days ago) @ Brian T

- No text -

2019 was an ok year

Tim Pence
[subject]
Friday, December 27, 2019, 18:41 (1583 days ago) @ Brian T

Did lotsa stuff with my retirement time. Got a few new guns. 2020 is upon us. Only thing sure of is getting my knee fixed and planning a wedding for my baby girl in May.

I HAVE LOADED JUST OVER 11,000

JT
[subject]
Friday, December 27, 2019, 14:45 (1583 days ago) @ Huey

ROUNDS IN PREPARATION FOR SPRING--MOST ARE FOR LEVERGUN LOADS IN .32 MAG, .327, .32-20, .38-40, .44-40, .44 SPECIAL, .44 MAGNUM, .45 COLT PLUS SOME .32 LONG

so what did you do in your spare time?

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, December 27, 2019, 16:08 (1583 days ago) @ JT

- No text -

NAPPED

JT
[subject]
Friday, December 27, 2019, 21:32 (1582 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

good idea, I think I will

gary reeder
[subject]
Friday, December 27, 2019, 22:49 (1582 days ago) @ JT

- No text -

this next week or so will be extremely hectic

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, December 27, 2019, 17:36 (1583 days ago) @ Huey

One of my guys Josh Brooks and I have to go down to Phoenix to the U.S. Customs to register our guns for Africa. That can't be done before Jan. 2nd. Then get some copies of the customs form and finish all my paperwork for Africa. Then my guys all have to do the customs stuff also on Jan. 2nd or at the latest Jan 3rd. Then they have to finish their paperwork and overnight it to Colleen as she is flying down to Dallas on Jan. 9th to give all the paperwork to the lady from Air2000 at the Safari Club show where she has a booth. She gets our gun permits for us so rather than take a chance on mailing the paperwork to South Africa it is better to have Colleen take all our paperwork and give it to her at the show in Dallas. The normal overnight mail to Africa takes a minimum of 10 days and usually more than that. Then it is 45 days or more to get our firearm permits done. So from Jan. 2nd to May 14th it is going to be a bit hectic. but going to Africa is always worth all the headaches involved.

IF God decides my upcoming job interview works out...

Drdougrx
[subject]
Friday, December 27, 2019, 20:07 (1583 days ago) @ Huey

I have a 10mm and a 38super, both 1911s, in mind.

Plan to fix up what I have. Hope to add another 410 GNR-

Kyle
[subject]
Saturday, December 28, 2019, 00:31 (1582 days ago) @ Huey

- No text -

Keeping busy with church, home, and work.

Flatwater
[subject]
Saturday, December 28, 2019, 18:55 (1582 days ago) @ Huey

Heading to Haiti on a mission trip with my daughter on January 10th. Upgraded equipment and bought a new (to me) semi truck. Trying to keep up with the kiddos. Three teenagers now, hard to believe my oldest will be a senior this fall. Hunting/shooting wise, I think I'm good for now. Probably try to get in a little more wing shooting, definitely more practice with my .356 GNR, do a little ice fishing if Mother Nature decides to quit being schizophrenic.