Glock 44

Derek
[subject]
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 12:56 (1598 days ago)

That will be a huge selller for them.

ChrisG
[subject]
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 12:58 (1598 days ago) @ Derek

- No text -

Guns, motorcycles, women; Austrians = very, very, good stuff

WB
[subject]
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 13:48 (1598 days ago) @ ChrisG

If they can sell it at the targeted price point it would be difficult not to justify one in your collection IF you had some other G guns. The feel and trigger practice is too tempting. The idea of a plastic slide, with gliding rails molded in, is interesting.

However the market is hotly contested. The Taurus TX22 I bought is a fantastic piece and likely easily $100 under the Austrian effort. Also it already has 15 shot mags, (2) provided. The Taurus trigger is a new "invention" and feels great except it wobbles some side to side. There is no through pivot pin, a design which I don't like as much. Slide is aluminum, superb ergonomics, note the ambi-thumb safety option. Kids I let shoot it roughed up a 50 yd. 6" gong, everyone did, it was off-handed too.

[image]

I do think Glock will have a winner. They are just not the type of folks to get things very wrong.

All true.

ChrisG
[subject]
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 13:54 (1598 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

interesting video?

james
[subject]
Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 11:38 (1597 days ago) @ ChrisG

- No text -

pray tell, how do you know those Austrian women

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 15:25 (1598 days ago) @ WB

are "good stuff"?

"Broomhilda" Bwaaaahaha

Sid R
[subject]
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 15:34 (1598 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

WB apparently knows something about Austrian women ..

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 15:53 (1598 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Austria has over 11,000 registered women hunters ..

[image]

I wish I could see a bit more of their guns

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 17:51 (1598 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

the lady in the middle appears to have at least a 30 caliber, maybe bigger. Both guns are bolt actions. The girl in the middle appears to have either a Kahles or Swarovski scope, the one that uses no rings, so probably the Swarovski. The one on the left probably the same as it is a long eyepiece scope. All 3 are using standard binocs, the guide has well worn binocs. So they don't appear to be influenced by all the hoopla prevalent here in the states about having a $4000 scope or binocs if you are a real hunter. Refreshing to see real hunters. And the one on the left looks like she would like to rip WB's heart out if he calls her "good stuff" again.

Closer view of one rifle

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 20:55 (1598 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

[image]

The article said that in Austria the women seem to be the best hunters ... not getting rattled easily when game appears .. listening to the guide if it is a good animal or not .. taking time to make a good shot etc.

I asked Colleen what guns, binocs and scopes were

gary reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 21:13 (1598 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

she said the gun looked like the Steyr and the wood stock rifle has the Steyr logo on the pistol grip. The middle lady is carrying Zeiss binocs. Her scope looks like a Swarovski. Her gun, scope and binocs in the U.S. would come close to $10,000. It has been said in Europe only the rich can afford to hunt. Sure looks like that is the truth.

And I believe that about lady hunters. When Russia collapsed in the late 80s, everything was for sale including secrets from the Viet Nam war. It was said that all the enemy snipers since 1954 were Russian women.

In my experience women are better shots than most men as they aren't full of bad habits and listen when told something.

Huntress on the right seems to have an R8 Blaser

WB
[subject]
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 21:54 (1598 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

And it seems both have Zeiss binos. They used to bring binos to the Y-O. Laid them all on the pool table, no prices or tags. I'd have to write the models down that looked the best for me. I'd really subjectively spy out the window and compare one to another. Big, medium, compact. I went back and they would be like $1700, $2500, even $3500! Yikes, but they sure were good optics.

To hunt in Austria you have to basically get a "degree" in hunting and sport. It's real serious business.

They have some really snazzy hunting hats that would give Blake a start!

I swear, within the last couple of weeks I thought

Howard
[subject]
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 17:14 (1598 days ago) @ ChrisG

I wonder why Glock doesn't make a 22?

remember Gaston Glock was asked to design a gun

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 17:43 (1598 days ago) @ Howard

for law enforcement and military, so that pretty much left out needing guns for any squirrels other than the 2 legged variety. If you look at every model Glocks, they are all just a modified model 17. That is smart on their part, and economical too.

I am surprised the let it out now. There was a rumor

gary reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 20:38 (1598 days ago) @ Derek

that a 22 caliber Glock would be premiered at the SHOT Show next month. So I am surprised they let it out now. But glad that they are bringing one out. The success of the Glock 44 will rest upon the price as there are so many competitors at fairly low prices. I guess we will see.

I CELEBRATED BY ORDERING

JT
[subject]
Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 07:47 (1598 days ago) @ gary reeder

TWO NEW RUGER MARK IV .22s ANNOUNCED YESTERDAY ALSO. 10" STAINLESS AND 10" BLUE TARGET MODELS.

Hmm. . .I'll have to check those out!

ChrisG
[subject]
Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 08:41 (1598 days ago) @ JT

- No text -

I was pleasantly surprised when I got

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 13:27 (1597 days ago) @ JT

that e-mail from Ruger yesterday. Ruger has never really got into the long barrel handgun thing in the past. The 10" Super Blackhawk the only one that comes to mind in 10" or more.For Squirrel hunting I like a longer barrel. In the late 70s AMT brought out a long stainless barrel for the ruger MK1 or MK 2 (don't know if the MK 2 was out then). The barrel was 8" bull barrel with no sights. it had the grooves on top for a tip off scope. I grabbed one and have used it ever since for small Game hunting, especially since I brought out the Flattop Tool.
[image]

The new 10" MK 4 is interesting and I may have to have one.