almost 15 years ago we developed our

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 12:29 (1597 days ago)

Lawman Classic for the cowboy shooters. It had a special gripframe that we designed to be sort of a baby Bisley gripframe. It had the straight drop of the Bisley but was smaller for the small hands of a lady or small statured man. [image][image]
[image]

I got a press release that Magnum Research now has a new series out with a "newly designed" gripframe. And it is sort of amazing that it is identical to our Lawman gripframe of 15 years ago. I hope I at least get a Christmas card from them for designing their new gripframe.

Here is their new gripframe..
[image]

if everyone that has borrowed your ideas, names of guns,

Larry A.
[subject]
Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 12:47 (1597 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

designs and so on send you a Christmas card the P.O. will have to hire a bigger truck.

it used to bother me but after probably 8 or 10 of our

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 13:03 (1597 days ago) @ Larry A.

series names or designs were used by other companies, I sorta looked at it as a compliment. It's best to not sweat the small stuff.

It would be nice if folks just said 'Thank you' at least

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 13:37 (1597 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

I saw that kind of thing happen with stuff my Dad designed.

one of them did. Good friend and gentleman Bob Baker

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 14:31 (1597 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

of Freedom Arms called to ask if I would be pissed if he used our Gunfighter Grip on some of Freedom Arm's heavy recoiling guns. I told Bob that I considered that a compliment and absolutely use it all you want. The folks at Ruger were also good folks. They asked me if I let them have a couple of our Tombstone Classics so they could check out the birdshead gripframe. They saw them at Winter Range in Phoenix where they and I had booths showing our new guns for the cowboy shooters. At the end of the show I gave them the guns and about a month later they sent them back and thanked me and said they would be using our gripframe as a template for their own Vaquero with the birdshead gripframe. So some folks are decent folks and do things the right way. Some others don't, but it isn't enough to get all hot and bothered over.

Thanks Gary. That's good to know.

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 15:07 (1597 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

I know Bob Baker and he's a good guy. Good to hear about Ruger also. Yes. There are thoughtful folks out there.

yes

james
[subject]
Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 16:38 (1597 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

I would think that as a gunmaker, and with Baker and Ruger using your design that you must feel pretty darn good....

It's sad, take solice in the art, form and

Sid R
[subject]
Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 13:58 (1597 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

function you have created. You guys and gals at you're shop are A #1. I will never forget where mine came from, nor will I sell them. Thank you.

Can you send them a front sight too Gary?

Curt
[subject]
Thursday, November 14, 2019, 16:46 (1596 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Throw them a bone

In time...

ChrisG
[subject]
Friday, November 15, 2019, 03:35 (1596 days ago) @ Curt

- No text -