Rossi 92 Front Sight

Robt
[subject]
Monday, November 11, 2019, 21:35 (1589 days ago)

Has anyone changed or modified the front sight of a Rossi 92 carbine with the front sight notched and pinned to the front barrel band. I would like to add a white or brass bead front sight but can’t seem to find one. I had hoped to replace the barrel band with a standard barrel band.
Ideally I’d like to have the barrel dove tailed for a Marbles or Lyman bead sight, but my short 16 inch 45 Colt barrel is so thin that cutting a dovetail is not a safe option.
I can’t understand the goofy sight system arrangement Rossi chose to use including the odd ball rear sight dovetails. Otherwise my Rossi carbine is a light, quick handling, easy to carry little carbine.
'

If your front barrel band is tight enough, the front sight

gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, November 11, 2019, 22:29 (1589 days ago) @ Robt

could be milled off and a new sight soldered on the front of the barrel similar to the Winchester M-94. The barrel and barrel band would have to be reblued but it would give you a more stable front sight.

That’s a possibility that I had not thought about. Thanks

Robt
[subject]
Monday, November 11, 2019, 23:59 (1589 days ago) @ gary Reeder

- No text -

I have one too, the .357 is dovetailed, only .45

WB
[subject]
Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 05:22 (1589 days ago) @ Robt

was done in this goofy manner. I've not looked at the .44. Someone was selling a brass bead modded blade, maybe Skinner? I always wanted to just have Gary grind it off and solder a pistol ramp on mine. But mine is stainless too, a little easier job. I want a fiber optic front sight I can see.