Another odd one. Raptor Arms bolt rifle.

WB
[subject]
Monday, November 11, 2019, 09:40 (1590 days ago)

I read the company was in business in CT in the late 1990's, making a cheaper loose version of the Rem. 700 action. This example is in .270 and was given to me by a friend. The action/bolt does not feel as snug as I like usually, not sure. I see the front action screw is pulled through the cheap plastic stock, and is not correct anyway. It has a blind type mag like an ADL. The research I found says the bolt and action are cast stainless, like Rugers. It also said the safety is a modified version mimicking the SAKO style. They went out of business long ago and a new company with the same name markets Turkish cheap import shotguns. Also it is said Mossberg ended up with the designs and markets it as the ATR line today. Also it is said a late source of parts.

[image]

It was free, not sure what to do with it. It came from the liquidation stock from a Pawn shop somewhere in AL or MS. I think I'll load up some ammo and remotely test fire it in a large box to Confirm headspace. The stock that came with it is not very inspiring (might be salvaged with proper screws, pillar and glass bedding), but if it shoots OK I might tinker with a synthetic Remington LA stock or an aftermarket version. Glass bed the snot out of it and see what it can do as a beater / loaner. FWIW

[image]

The bolt shroud sure is UGLY! It would divert gasses on a pierced primer though so I'm leaving it.

I like free guns. Hardly ever gets em though!

Brant
[subject]
Monday, November 11, 2019, 10:14 (1590 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

It was in 6 pieces when it arrived. lol

WB
[subject]
Monday, November 11, 2019, 14:15 (1589 days ago) @ Brant

But I quickly could see what was there to work with.