Name: Log in
Subject:

upload image
upload image ...

 

Many of the fungi known as toadstools are actually mushrooms. There are many old wives tales about how to tell a wild mushroom from a poisonous one. These should be avoided. Perhaps you have noticed how few old wives are around these days. The only surefire test for wild mushrooms is simply to eat one. If you are still alive the next day, that was probably an edible mushroom. If absolutely nothing happens the next day, you are probably dead. Mushrooms producing this result are probably toadstools.

Patrick McManus in "The Horse in my Garage and other Stories"

powered by my little forum