WB
The devil is in the details...
Thursday, September 19, 2019, 06:45

I guess nervous tension led me to once again tinker with the old M1910 Winchester. I am a little apprehensive about using powders slower than 2400 with a blow back action too. I will be looking for any bulges ahead of the web on the first few cases.

[image]

The cases were made from .414 SuperMag and dimensional are about perfect. I can use a LEE #2 shell holder perfectly, if by accident. Alas, I have not yet belly'd up and bought a $35 bullet sizer in .406" from Graf & Sons. It seems silly for 0.004" difference. I could size .401 and powder coat twice to bump up, nah that's silly too. My .410" bullets mic at 0.433 diameter overall inside the case. The old factory round shows .429", and LEE tumble lube 210 gr. unsized at 0.434". So I suppose the proper bullet diameter sizing would run loaded case diameter right at 0.430", very close indeed. All rounds chamber smoothly and fully. Bullet diameter and case thickness both combine and are factors.

Next is function testing and some chronograph work to see if I am heading in a positive direction. What a delight of a diversion.