WB
That's some of the way Custom guys make money...
Monday, August 12, 2019, 07:22

Even if misplaced, zeal. Not trying to fan flames. It costs Gary more to do odd things than mainstream and time is money. I never push him on strange things and prefer whenever he can work them into the schedule.

I can help with brass if you get in a bind. I also make .401 Winchester Self Loading from .41 Remington cases, using long nosed bullets to feed and headspacing off the semi-rim. You can make them from many others too. Best is a 7.62x39 blown straight.

The .401 is unique, not offering really any more than the others, but fun. Another fellow made a .401 Bobcat from .220 Swift brass that is basically the same thing but loaded to really high pressures. As far as I know the Herter's Powermag was the only gun chambered in .401 Herter's. Gary should be able to make a cylinder for a 10mm Ruger Blackhawk if you can find one reasonable. They are really nice all steel guns. Gripframe and ejector housings are steel on those, I think.

You can see how close they are, the .401 Herters and .41 Remington (Starline). The Herters pre-dates the Remington by maybe 3 yrs. Both are just older than me.

[image]

[image]

[image]