about this a couple of days ago. The 44 Magnum with standard ammo has taken game up to Polar Bear. Why is it necessary to magnumize a gun that is already a Magnum? Use the gun as it was intended to be used, for warm 44 Specials or low range 44 Magnums. If you feel the need to over extend the gun, buy a Redhawk or Super Redhawk. Why destroy a classic gun like the Model 29 or 629. And even thinking of doing this in the new M-69 should be against the law. The old Model 696 on the L frame in 44 Special was shaking the gun loose by morons that wanted to load hot 44 Magnums in the 44 Special case, and the Model 69 is the same gun, but with a longer barrel and better sights.
New Smith and Wesson ...
- Bigbore442001, 2014-01-08, 13:53
- Looks like a great SPECIAL. Magnum? Not so much. (nm) - CJ, 2014-01-08, 19:21
DEFINE "HEAVY LOADS". I WOULD SAY THIS IS FOR STANDARD
- JT, 2014-01-08, 13:56
- Keep the loads to SAAMI spec. - DeLoss, 2014-01-08, 14:09
Ok. Although most shooting would be with
- Bigbore442001, 2014-01-08, 13:59
- ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! It is an L frame gun, smaller - Gary Reeder, 2014-01-08, 14:55
- Garrett ammo that does fit... - Todd C, 2014-01-08, 14:18