WB
Scope rings....
Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 07:38

If you NEED just one set of DDT rings for a project just get them. But if you dabble a whole bunch...

A little secret I use. With some time you can shop around and find a bargain. I bought a box of (10) different old stock Millett scope mount combos off the net for $75. In original yellowed, brittle, packaging, bases and ring sets with one dovetail and the other a "push" type traditional rear ring. They came with assorted bases, Win. 70, Browning, Savage, etc. complete with screws. Nice sets. I even got a couple "engraved" ring sets. The Sight Over Scope rings can be found in both drift adjustable and fully adjustable for not too much, the tops swap to any Millett bottoms.

Millett never made a DDT ring set. Leupold rings currently run $$ or so. I take two sets of those Milletts and use two "front" rings to make my own DDT outfit. Millett rings fit other make bases, like Leupold or Burris, so it's a mix and match. All the tops of the rings are interchangeable so I can outfit what I want with those engraved tops or S.O.S. tops. For my $75 I have ringsets out the wahzoo. Plus screws and parts galore, AND some nice standard rifle bases with mounting screws.

Just make sure you get the good all steel outfits. Also take note if they are Tall, Med, or Low ring sets. You have to match them in that respect. Maybe you can benefit from the little trick. Keep looking for the bargains.

Not quite as sweet a deal as my original buy but I see this as (5) DDT Med. ring sets, (10) sets of Marlin bases with screws, and (10) extra ring tops and screw pairs. If you have bunches of barrels like I do it pays to think outside the box. Marlin bases are used on many Octagon Muzzleloaders, Merrills, stuff with flat top receivers etc. Millett's "Angle Lock sets" are basically for Weaver or Picatinny type bases, they work but have lots of parts to them, their tops are interchangeable too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Sets-of-Millett-1-Turn-In-Marlin-336-Rings-Smooth-Medium-CP...