Gary Reeder
yep, Al in the front row, in the white shirt
Monday, June 10, 2019, 13:14

with his wife Peggy. Bill Grover on the left with the dark jacket with the horizontal stripe on it. Taz Ridley with his back to us. Couple of others I can't tell for sure. I remember those pictures they made too. If I remember it was after lunch they wanted us to go upstairs and get in line for our pictures. When we got upstairs there was a line with about 40 guys waiting. Kase and I had not taken our animals yet and we had one day left of the hunt so we said screw it, let's go hunting. They did the pictures for several years, starting in 2000 I think and I don't think we stayed for any of them. We were there to hunt not have our pictures made. They listed both of us as donors as we each donated a custom gun, so that was plenty for us. The pictures are a bit fuzzy but I can recognize many of them. One of the hunters made a montage of pics from the 1997 hunt.In the 2nd pic down the grey haired fellow walking up in the left corner is the man that played Switech on the Miami Vice series. Back then we had quite a few "celebrities" show up for the hunt. My big Sika is shown in there too. Each year the group was taken up to the "big house" on the hill above the ranch where Charlie Schreiner lived. Charlie was Charlie the 4th and there were probably 200 old Colt SAAs and other western revolvers and rifles on display. When he died, those guns disappeared. I never heard what happened to them. Family members probably. But it was a helluva collection, probably 100 years or collecting. In the background of a couple of the pics is a fellow with a red plaid jacket and a white beard. That is Bill Grover. Bill is the man that developed the left side single action revolver called the Grover improved #5, or what most people call a left hand revolver, while it actually is a pure right hand revolver. From what I have heard Sam Colt was a lefty and the Colt SAA he developed was actually a left hand gun.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]