Gary Reeder
some that we don't see on here as much as we should
Sunday, June 09, 2019, 17:26

in the pics above are James Swidrick (James from Jersey) with his Aoudad taken with the 41 GNR, George Faerber my favorite bear guide with his XP-100 Scimitar Horned Oryx, Kelly Brost next to me with my Blackbuck, Dave Manson with a buffalo critter taken with the 410 GNR. In the group pics, Ken Jorgensen of Ruger at the head of the table facing the camera, the owner of Magnum Research (again I apologize that I can't remember his name) leaning back in his chair at the right of the table. And a bunch of Misfits sitting around the table and walking around amazed at all the auction goodies.
For those not familiar with the Celebrity Handgun Hunt, it was an invitation only handgun hunt held every December at the Y.O. Ranch in Texas. It wasn't a freebie at all. We paid a fee to hunt and were allowed 1 buck and 2 does. On most of the hunts the animal of choice was a Sika Buck and 2 Sika does, but on a couple of the hunts we were allowed to shoot Axis bucks and does and also whitetail buck and 4 does. We were allowed to take other animals but the price went up. For the privilege of hunting in the Celebrity Handgun Hunt we were allowed one buck and 2 to 4 does according to the species they chose for that particular year. We were charged from $895 back at the beginning when I first started going in 1994, to $1295 I think the last year I was there in 2008 or 2009. If you wanted to shoot something else you paid the difference. All the meat went to feeding the needy at Christmas. There were prizes given for the most meat (heaviest animal) and for the largest Sika and so on. Bob Baker of Freedom Arms donated a revolver, Magnum Research donated a handgun, S&W donated a gun, Ruger donated a gun, TC donated a Contender or Encore, Corbon donated a lot of ammo, Winchester donated a lot of ammo, scope companies donated a lot of scopes, various guides donated hunts, plus a lot of raffle items. There were only 55 hunters invited and a lot of the companies donated small items so everybody got something. Special vests, jackets, Surefire donated a flashlight to each hunter, and so on. Kase donated a custom 1911 and I donated a custom revolver which were auctioned off the the proceeds used for the needy. It was a 4 day hunt and a good time was had by all. Our entrance fee covered everything other than another animal not in the yearly choice of animals. Here are some more pics of Misfits..
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]