WB
Tough one, GNR alone has covered so many bases...
Friday, May 17, 2019, 08:20

With 9X19mm 25% cheaper than .22 WMR in boxer brass cases no less! So many don't even pick up empties, I'm not in that group, see my bulged pockets. I think there is room for handy carry pieces with enhanced hit or range ability. 10-15 yds. is not that far and the platforms have greater ability than the little guns shootability. A very small 9mm that could hit a soda can at 50 yds with a good shooter would be very interesting. I think optics are a must at this point.

Huey's idea for the 6mm platform is interesting. The little .240 Banshee is overlooked and performed better than the .255 in my testing. Bullet selection is critical as the 55 gr. varmint pills are designed for 4,000 fps. Not many cast options either. The Hornet case can be a little tricky but the case to neck down ratio is very favorable for the revolver application.

I'd like to see somthing on the semi-auto forefront new. The CZ 10mm/.30 cal. is interesting but not at $7500. Also the .22 TCM is cool but not quite there. A .38 Super or the rimless version more ideally, necked to .25 or .22 would be interesting. The very first semi-auto handgun cartridge was a bottle neck round over 100 yrs. ago. Are you headspacing on the case mouth (.357 SIG) or shoulder like 7.25x25 Tok? Speaking of the TOK, many have clamored for a 1911 in 7.25X25 but they are too long to fit right. Why not just shorten the case neck? That would fix it. There is a technique called barrel "Stubbing" that might be useful in making custom semi-auto caliber barrels. The locking block/chamber has a threaded portion of barrel mated to it. Not many do the practice, I guess it's labor intensive, but it has been done since the dawn of time.

Lastly, several of my friends have interest in handy trail sidearms for man or beast. That market seems to be here to stay. Is there anything not truly covered though? Have we figured the compromise between a light chassis and enough power without excessive recoil? I think the reintroduction of an improved .401 Herters would find favor. The common .41 Remington case slightly tapered to 10mm would do the trick and be on all the magazine covers for a season. The controversy alone would buy it lots of press. Room for another "Magnum" handgun round? Maybe invent a niche between "Magnum" and "Special"... "Goldilocks" just right.