Gary Reeder
Colleen's group is now hours away from leaving for
Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 23:39

Africa. I have been helping her to pack. Her pelican gun case is right dead on at 50 lbs, and I have pulled half of her heavy ammo out as she was way over on the 11 lb limit on ammo. Instead of 50 rounds of all 3 calibers I have her down to around 20 rounds per gun. But even 20 rounds of her 458 is heavy. She is not bringing any small caliber guns. The smallest is the 310 GNR in a G-2. That will do for any plains game she will decide on. Her Colt Sauer in 300 Win Mag is for the bigger plains game and her 458 for a Cape Buff. So she has everything covered, I think.

Her duffle is another thing though. It is already about 5 lbs over the allowed 50 lbs and she isn't finished yet. A lot of unnecessary stuff will be staying home.

For what it is worth, the dates for the 2020 hunt have changed a bit. We moved it back as it was slated for Easter Weekend just like our 2018 hunt was and just like Colleen's hunt is. John asked me to move it a week back to keep his workers happy. So it is now May 1 thru 10. More on that later.