Gary Reeder
I really don't know. Usually when I go to Africa I just ride
Friday, January 18, 2019, 18:01

around with John, my PH and we just spend time talking like old friends do. On the last hunt I was under the weather one day and John and I just sat around the camp and talked about Africa.
[image]
[image]
Even the Jack Russells knew I wasn't up to par that day and they hung around my feet all day.
[image]
[image]
[image]

If we see something that is record book, (John won't let me shoot anything that is not top 3 in the world or better) then we do a stalk and see if we can get it. If not, no big deal. I do sorta have the hots for a tuskless elephant. There are some permits given out each year. They are usually gay males that have probably been using Gillette products and are showing their feminine side and don't have tusks. They are freaks and the game departments want to get them out of the gene pool so they issue a few permits every year. They are full size elephants but don't have any tusks. Anyway that has peaked my interest a bit.

I would take a shot at a Suni if I spotted a good one. That would give me the Mini 5, sort of like the Big 5, except they are all small critters, usually under 15 lbs.

I don't have the hots for a lion or leopard for some reason. The leopard would probably be $25,000 for a good one and the Lion twice that. A sable is nice but not worth $10,000. A roan is ugly to me, like an immature Sable. A rhino is out of the question. And I just don't see killing something just for the sake of killing it. Other than some monkeys and a baboon or two I think all the 60 or so animals I have taken in Africa were eaten by the villagers. And that is the way it should be. So we shall see. The 2020 hunt should be a good one. My 15th safari and probably my last one so I am sure John will talk me into something unusual. Hopefully I can talk Larry Farley into making the hunt. Larry has been on just about every hunt I have made since the early 70s. Sometimes the planning is just as much fun as the hunt itself...well almost.