Gary Reeder
for this last Africa hunt last April I sold about a
Friday, January 18, 2019, 11:58

dozen of my own guns. Most were serial number 1. I also sold my favorite 44 Auto Mag, one of only 350 B models made. But I took 4 animals I had been wanting to take. And 3 of the 4 went #1 in Safari Club. I had looked over probably 30 Cape Buffalo before I pulled the trigger on this one and John Abraham, my PH and close friend, told me before I pulled the trigger that he would rank #1, so that made it all the more special. He ranked #1 free range handgun Cape Buffalo and all I have to do is look at the pictures and I don't miss the guns a bit. I can always replace them if I decide to.450 GNR, 500 grain Hornady DGX bullet, one shot put him down, the second kept him down at about 40 yards.
[image]

I also was lucky enough to take a Red Lechwe at almost 190 yards with the 310 GNR..one shot.
[image]

A Bontebok..one shot also with the 310 GNR at about 75 yards.
[image]

and a Tsessebe..pulled the shot on him trying to rush. Him him too far back. Took another to put him down. 310 GNR and 60 yards first shot, 20 yards second shot.
[image]

I hadn't planned on the Tsessebe, the Bontebok or the lechwe but they are 3 of the rarest handgun trophies there are, so what the heck. It's only money.