WB
My SRH is 9.5", I vote 6" on the SRH
Saturday, December 08, 2018, 19:37

Mine was one of the first revolver conversions on a stock gun to test the Concept for Gary. He had built a 5-shot SA but my SRH might have been one of the first plain DA conversions. He had been doing DA 6-shot conversions to .410 GNR for a long time. The 5.5" is a peach if you are not going a custom barrel.

Scope is a fantastic vintage B&L 2x28mm.
[image]

My 9.5" is so because that is just what it happened to be. It gives a little more velocity but not really enough to tell. Recoil between it and a 5.5" is no real different, the SRH is a little whippy anyway. The std. RH has a grip that is less forgiving in standard trim. Kind of hammers my palm and aftermarket filler grips don't feel right to me. GNR's Gunfighter RH grips look sort of stock but are wider and a lot better than stock or aftermarket to me. Gary made Doug a 6" .429 SRH that Amede bought. It is about a perfect rig. The scope mounting is a big bonus to me. A custom barrel gets you a perfect length, custom throating, perfect adjusted cyl. gap, and crowning too. Consider all factors. Sock conversion is a value on the cheap, and the packages save you money for the features.

A SRH has a two spring system, dedicated mainspring and a trigger return spring (more common design). The standard RH has a common and innovative "single" spring system that one spring powers both hammer and trigger return. But's it's not as forgiving in an action job. More tricky.