Gary Reeder
Ed, remember S&W owns TC now so they may not be
Friday, November 16, 2018, 10:51

worried about lawsuits as much as TC was. Ernie French, a hunting buddy, who was head of TC's custom shop, called one day and asked me if we chambered any belted magnums. I told him we did a few. He asked us to hold off on building any more as they were getting frames in that were badly stretched and some with hairline cracks from the belted magnums.They were also getting a rash of sheared off extractors from the belted magnums. None of the stretched and cracked frames were our custom ones, thank the Lord. But after he told me that we quit building any barrels in the belted magnums. In the pic below Ernie on the left asked J.D. Jones and me to have a sit down with him at the TC booth. We went over the various problems that were encountered with the high pressure cartridges in the encore. But after that I think J.D. did and I know we stopped building any belted magnums.

So to answer your questions maybe S&W has come up with a stronger extractor but you still have the problem of getting that belted magnum over the extractor and then wrangling it back out after your shot. It is not a quick load or reload at all. I wouldn't recommend it for any dangerous game.
[image]