Larry Fry
I was born and raised in Corpus Christi
Thursday, November 15, 2018, 23:03

in South Texas which is the home of Whataburger. I remember in the early 50's going there with my dad and brother. It was on Ayers street near Del Mar College and we lived on Trenton drive which was about 8 or 9 blocks to the best of my recollection. I thought those burgers were the biggest and best and did not like Big Boys. My wife loves them so we always stop whenever we go to Birmingham to pig out. Back then we used play cowboys and indians and infinitely repeating cap guns. Biggest fights were on who shot who first...LOL Can you imagine that happening now, hell the police would be at your door if you let your kids run around with a cap gun. Of course, you have to get them to quit playing video games to get them to go outside and play. I used to go fishing on the Nueces river at the age of 9 and fish all day and my parents did not worry about me or if they did they never let on. I think there was a neighbor that lived along the bank of the Nueces that probably kept and eye on us. Back then if an adult told you to hop you just hopped and hoped it was high enough. If you didn't you were libel to get your butt swatted and it reported to your parents who would really bust your ass when you got home for not doing as you were told. I really miss those days.