Gary Reeder
most of you have probably heard of a "Dear John" letter
Thursday, November 15, 2018, 12:14

This is not that kind of Dear John letter but is a letter some of us could have written..it was sent to a good friend to all of us....

Subject : FW: Equipment Failure

Dear John,

You have a lot of experience in the shooting sports, both personally and professionally. Perhaps you have some advice concerning my problems. In past years I have hunted extensively with handguns, won my share of
trophies in NRA bullseye, competed in silhouette, taught many others to use handguns, and enjoyed various shooting activities. I’m in my 84th year and still actively shooting, although to a lesser degree. Here are some of the
problems I’m facing.
First, my ammunition seems to be loaded to greater pressure these days. I notice that my guns kick more now, especially the .44 and .454 calibers. I thought I had some very accurate guns (my competition guns were built
by Bob Day of the USAF Marksmanship Unit). However, I have noticed that group size is opening up, especially on the ones with iron sights. Even my timer is messing up. It dings before I finish my strings of fire. The magazines
for my autoloaders are different. Someone has replaced the springs with stronger ones. My guns seem to tire more easily now. They used to fire a great number of shots in one session, but now they want to take a break after
fewer rounds. Even my home range has changed. I think they have moved the firing line back 10 yards. Only my staple gun works the way it used to.
Please, John, can you offer some solutions to my problems?

Best regards,
Buz