Gus S.
One thing folks don't think about..
Monday, September 17, 2018, 18:26

.. is where is all the water they're getting up north going to go now that we aren't getting it in the south. I'm not talking about coastal storm surge. Just the sheer amount of rain water. In North East South Carolina our people are already trying to drain everything and move all the water they can. Our lakes, rivers, and creeks are already near to over flowing and have already in some places. Homes are already lost. I live between two lakes connected by a single creek. which is fed by water from up north. All water is connected (well, kind of but you see what i'm saying). I hope our public service folks can get a handle on this in time. Its hard hard job. The Pee Dee river is rising at a the rate of a foot per hour. The public service workers and engineers are having to make decisions knowing there they're going to have to cause damage now to save damage and lives later. For instance, In Conway SC (20 minutes from the beach) the Waccamaw River is rising fast. SC DOT wants to divert water to save highway 501 to get people our. It's likely that will flood part of the town of Conway and cost the city nearly 1000 homes to water damage. Its all based on timing and luck. The state is having to make decisions like that in at least three other cases that I can think of.

The next few days is going to be rough for a lot of folks.