Brant
Mr snake in the rose bed.
Monday, September 17, 2018, 14:28

After working a 12 hour shift a few nights ago when I arrived home in the early morning as the sun is up enough to see but not really. Inside I find my wife fully dressed I her Outside duds like she has an urgent mission.

“Get out of those boots into some walking shoes.” That was confusing because boots are my walking shoes! Anyway she has been walking for health reasons and now I am joining her. She is deathly afraid of snakes. More so than rapist, terrorist or the boogeyman. Our dog always accompanies her and is quick to point out any of the previously named, and she then shoots them a whole bunch.

Barely off the porch the dog went nutts in the rose bed and there it is. Only the second coral snake I have ever seen. The other was 35 years ago and only about 20 feet from where this one was. My mother saw her only one in this yard when she was a little girl as well.
Kinda neet. My wife and her dog do not agree.

In my youth I skinned and dried many snakes of all sorts. I could get $25 or $30 for a rattler long enough to make a hat band. That copper head pic gives me the willies though. Looks like a good one. Everyone worries about the rattlers. The copper heads are the biters around here and then the cottonmouth is just evil!