Gus S.
I'm sighted in ready for Deer Season.
Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 05:21

I finally got out to shoot. Got the 7GNR ready to go. Making nice groups at 100 yard with 120s. Really happy with it. Wish I had time to shoot it to 200 yards that day. I have zero concerns about the 7GNR doing what I want it to.

Also got to shoot the 475 this weekend. Its a handful. To me its very different from my heavy 44 mag loads. I haven't shot many guns more powerful than 44 mag to the point of really getting very familiar with them other than a scoped 454. This 475 with the load I have (340s over 30 gr of H110) recoils with a hard push and roll that is hard to stop. What I mean is, it seem like I have to learn to manage it, not manhandle it. But,.. it hits the mark with every shot as long as I'm not anticipating. I need to load another 50 and spend some time with it and build my confidence. Get to where I'm shoot with more intuition. I really like it. Everything I've read says the gun is great shooting 400s around 1100-1200 fps. I want to try that when I get some time. Until then, I'm just going to to find a decent holster to carry it in and take it hunting. I really need to kill a big fat hog with this gun. My brother in law runs a big rice farm on the Pee Dee river and they're just over run with hogs. Got to get him to take me out there.